Learning & Development Specialist
Los Angeles, CA /
People Operations /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers for two consecutive years, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
Reporting to the Vice President of L&D, the Learning and Development Specialist implements and maintains learning and employee development programs that drive successful new employee onboarding and continuous learning. This role works closely with subject matter experts on various teams to ensure all materials are up to date. This role is the face of Bambee for all new hires as you will be leading onboarding for all new Bambee team members.
- Onboarding and training of all new Bambee employees.
- Facilitates innovative training programs for Bambee that offer employees opportunities for development, growth and advancement.
- Ensures continuous improvement of Bambee Academy, the employee orientation program aimed to improve alignment with the organization’s mission, values, and culture and to accelerate the speed to ramp up and improve retention.
- Assess training needs through ongoing discussions with managers and the leadership team.
- Uses instructional design theory, instructional design principles, learning theory, instructional technology and adult learning principles in the development of training and courseware solutions.
- Continuously reviews training course curriculum.
- Monitors and evaluates training activities and program effectiveness. Assist with collaboration with subject matter experts in various disciplines to translate complex information and concepts into easy-to-understand presentations and learning materials that are technically accurate.
- Researches best practices and trends to make recommendations on company training and development initiatives.
- Leverage use of innovative learning approaches, including micro-learning and mobile learning to increase understanding and adoption of learning concepts.
- 1-2 years of experience in learning and development Strong technical skills including curriculum and instructional design, coaching and team development Experience with implementing, integrating and managing an LMS.
- A track record for success advancing multiple initiatives in a fast paced and changing business environment.
- Experience in a start-up is a huge plusA reputation as a trusted advisor to leaders and partner to critical stakeholders.
- Experience with developing curriculum and facilitating training and workshops.
- Exceptional ability to recognize great talent and the potential of individuals.
- S/he will implement and lead an efficient process for developing and retaining great talent throughout the company.
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written with ability to present views in a clear and compelling manner. Adapts message/style to fit audience, ranging from hourly employees to line managers to Executive Staff.
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k) with an automatic 3% contribution (even if you don't contribute!), a generous vacation policy, medical, dental, and vision insurance with options that are 100% employer paid, life insurance, a generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, a dog-friendly office, annual staff retreat, frequent company dinners and happy hours, and professional development.
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.