Sr. Full Stack Engineer
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers in 2020, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
We are looking for an experienced senior full stack engineer with a proven track record of building high quality web applications. As a full stack engineer, you will be a member of a growing team responsible for the development, maintenance and enhancement of web and API applications. You have strong familiarity with Node, Vue, Mongo, AWS and other cloud service architecture to produce efficient code with low technical debt. You are passionate about learning, building, mentoring and championing our product.
- Developing APIs and services for full stack engineers to consume
- Obsessing over code quality, organization and security implementations
- Identifying application security risks and implementing security patches & procedures
- Refactoring code to be testable through unit tests
- Make improvements to the CI/CD pipeline to ensure smooth and frequent releases
- Improving application logging services
- Implementing backend infrastructure health services to detect errors and downtime
- Has small team experience and helped train younger talent
- Work with the product and design teams to understand end-user requirements, formulate definitions of done, and translate that into an effective technical solution
- Work with the QA Team to develop testing protocols to identify and correct challenges
- Identify and track software metrics
- Guide architectural decisions
- Perform code reviews
- Mentor other team members
Skills & Qualifications
- Strong understanding of usage and implementation of JWT tokens & access control
- API Development / Design experience using Vue, React, Node, Express or Loopback, REST
- Experience managing NoSQL DB with Mongo & Mongoose
- Experience managing DB with Postgres TypeORM
- Experience with SocketIO for real-time communication
- Deep understanding of security and OWASP practices
- Familiarity with Cloud Service architecture management for AWS
- Foundation in utilizing data to make decisions
- History of building and scaling reliable systems
- Strong understanding of CI/CD, Docker, and Kubernetes
- Commitment to technical documentation
- Ability to establish API endpoint versioning strategies
- 2+ years of experience with a diverse professional background
- DevOps experience
- Experience implementing GraphQL with express
- Agile-Based Development
- Test Driven Development
- Familiarity with microservices
- Familiarity with workflow orchestration tools
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Supportive remote environment, Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.