Los Angeles, CA /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers for two consecutive years, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
Reporting to the Controller, the Staff Accountant will be the second hire of the growing accounting team and will assist the Controller in building out the department and improving and documenting various accounting procedures.
- Process all billing requests including invoices, credit memos, refunds and cancelations
- Process accounts payable invoices and employee reimbursement requests
- Assist in month-end and year-end closing including preparation of journal entries
- Perform account analysis and reconciliation and prepare adjusting journal entries as needed
- Maintain fixed asset module
- Assist in special ad-hoc projects as required
- 1-2 years related experience in accounting or finance
- Intermediate knowledge of Excel applications and formulas
- Basic understanding of accounting systems; Quickbooks, Stripe, Corpay One and Concur experience a plus
- Excellent organizational and problem-solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical skills with particular attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with flexibility to take on new duties as needed
- A Bachelor's degree in accounting, or a Bachelor's degree in business with an emphasis in accounting
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k) with an automatic 3% contribution (even if you don't contribute!), a generous vacation policy, medical, dental, and vision insurance with options that are 100% employer paid, life insurance, a generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, a dog-friendly office, annual staff retreat, frequent company dinners and happy hours, and professional development.
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.