Learning and Development Manager
Los Angeles, CA /
People Operations /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers for two consecutive years, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
Bambee is looking for a Training and Development Manager in Los Angeles to help design, build and deliver best in class training programs for one of the most exciting startups in America. Reporting to the Learning and Development Director, you will work to develop and enable the fullest potential of our employees. In this role, you will actively build, design and implement effective methods to educate, enhance performance and recognize performance.
What You’ll Do
- Works with the Learning and Development Director to continually analyze the training and development needs of our teams
- Develops training and development programs
- Administers spending against the departmental budget
- Develops and /or identifies effective training materials utilizing a variety of media
- Trains and coaches managers, supervisors and others involved in employee development efforts
- Develops and maintains organizational communications such as internal newsletters to ensure employees have knowledge of training and development events and resources
- Conducts follow-up studies of all completed training to evaluate and measure results
- Modifies programs as needed
- Exemplifies the desired culture and philosophies of the organization
- Works effectively as a team member with other members of management and the People Operations department
Who You Are
- Three years of experience designing and implementing employee development programs
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong presentation skills
- Adept with a variety of multimedia training platforms and methods (Camtasia, Prezi, google slides etc.)
- Ability to produce video content (filming & editing)
- Ability to evaluate and research training options and alternatives
- Ability to design and implement effective training and development
- Certified Professional in Learning and Performance (CPLP) credential is a plus
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k) with an automatic 3% contribution (even if you don't contribute!), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance with options that are 100% employer paid, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.