Sr. Data Analyst
Los Angeles, CA /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers for two consecutive years, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
We’re looking for an inventive, scale-minded, data analytics expert who is unconventionally curious, maintains a healthy degree of skepticism, and is rigorous in their attention to detail. In this role, you will establish the foundation for data-driven decision making while exploring additional growth channels.
You will be a contributor from day one. Your insights and experiences will have an immediate, meaningful impact on our business and the daily lives of small business owners. Bambee is a company where your ideas will be valued, challenged, respected, and implemented based on merit.
Why you should join our team
- You will be supported and enabled: Joining a team led by the former Head of Data at a prominent BI company will provide you with technical guidance, while being the first analyst hired will enable you to establish your own processes.
- Your days will have a balance of code and humans: We are still establishing our warehousing competency and refining our KPIs. This means that you will have the opportunity to balance your days between building analytical frameworks and collaborating with top executives on business strategy.
- You will be heard, provided feedback, and encouraged to grow: At Bambee we believe that at the core of any disagreement is a nugget of value. We encourage fruitful deliberations to facilitate learning.
- You will be on the ground teaming up with our stakeholders: As analytics engineers continue to build our warehouse, you will be the eyes and ears across the business, helping prioritize data model development to support your business-critical analysis.
- From developing data models in DBT and assisting in creating FP&A spreadsheets, to delivering recommendations to senior leadership, there will be no limits to your purview.
- You will have full exposure to all parts of the business: The data team has built LTV forecasts and churn projections for the finance team, feature affinity curves for the product team, is actively assisting in CRM design, and will be reporting on customer experience/satisfaction by EOY. You will partner with and be exposed to every team: an unparalleled opportunity to learn about all the nuts and bolts of a scaling startup.
What you’ve achieved so far
- Data Geek and Curiosity Driven
- You see data as a form of magic that can drastically improve a business. This magic has inspired your drive to explore underserved parts of the organization and affect the bottom line through process improvements targeted at efficiency and scale.
- Your data adventures have taken you through charge/invoice, subscription, CRM, usage, clickstream, pricing, marketing schema, and more. Your curiosity and data savviness allow you to make sense of this data on the fly, generate ad-hoc analysis and deliver business value at the breakneck speed.
- You are adept at leveraging data for visual storytelling: You frequently trade off the precision of high density data with the clarity of sparklines.
- Cross-Functional Leadership and Operations
- Your mastery of verbal, written, and visual communication has elevated your work product to core-business-initiative level.
- Your structured, analytical approach to problem solving and knack for project management help you scope, communicate, execute on, and deliver projects that others shy away from. You have integrated a billing system, migrated from invoice-linked refunds to charge-based ones, and even evaluated marketing performance based on manually entered UTM parameters.
- Analytical Rigor and Technical Aptitude
- In sheets, you prefer Index/Match over Vlookup and CountIfs over pivot tables
- In SQL, you’re a master of window functions and semi-structured operrands
- You feel as comfortable fitting a curve or projecting an outcome, as you do reporting on a count or sum
Our Tech Stack
- Periscope Data
How you'll ramp:
- Within your first week You’ll learn the business from key business stakeholders, including Sales, Marketing, Product, Engineering, and Accounts. You will take your first dive into our data models and deliver analytics for several ad-hoc questions.
- By Day 30 You will answer business guiding questions and build dashboards that operationalize data, empowering your stakeholders.
- By Day 60 You will execute on projects that directly drive revenue. You will partner with our team leads to inform prioritization and uncover efficiency improvement opportunities. You will help build our single source of truth by providing feedback and recommendations for new data models.
- By Day 90 You will make recommendations that directly influence business outcomes. You will identify areas of opportunity, spin up collaborative teams, and report on successes. You will support the KPI lifecycle, from development to delivery & reporting.
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k) with an automatic 3% contribution (even if you don't contribute!), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance with options that are 100% employer paid, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.