Director of Design
Los Angeles, CA /
Ranked by Forbes as one of America’s best startup employers in 2020, Bambee is a growth stage, venture-backed startup that is developing and deploying best-in-class Human Resources technology and services, while reimagining employment for the largest segment of the job market - small businesses. Bambee consists of self-starters - past and future entrepreneurs who view their departments like small companies. As a member of the Bambee team, you have an insatiable drive for results. Solving customers’ problems excites you. Data guides you. Results inspire you.
Bambee’s goal to offer Human Resources for $99/month has never been done. The team accomplishing this is a team full of drivers. What are you? If you’re a passenger, thanks for reading. If you’re a driver, join us.
Own the strategic evolution of Bambee’s design language and brand messaging to ensure a consistent customer experience. This will include a deep understanding of our customers to build out the Bambee brand, engage our audience, and improve product adoption.
Coming up with our design language is a collaborative effort. This influential person will partner with leaders across the company to understand their needs, balancing design vision and objectives.
Last, but not least, you’ll build out, lead, and empower our creative team.
What You’ll Do
- Working with the CEO, you will be responsible for the overall vision and roadmap that evolves Bambee’s end-to-end experience; smooth CX from web to product
- Build a culture of user feedback and a deep understanding of Bambee customers
- You take a collaborative approach to the design vision that is rooted in user insights and empathy
- You not only lead, but you roll up your sleeves to craft inspirational designs that blend form and function; you iterate and validate against customer needs and partner with the engineering team to turn those designs into reality
- Grow the design team, tools, and processes to scale design initiatives across the user journey
- Set and measure the design team against goals, establishing measurable criteria to learn and improve the customer experience
What You Bring
- A deep desire to build a world-class organization designing pixel perfect experiences
- Strong creative vision that integrates brand values and a delightful aesthetic with business objectives
- Experience building integrated CX/UX across channels from web, social, mobile, print, and most certainly product
- Solid track record of hiring, inspiring, and empowering creative talent in product design, graphic, copywriting, and content creation
- Creative project management skills to coordinate multiple projects simultaneously in a fast paced, data driven environment
- Superlative collaboration and communication skills working across multiple teams including executives
- Extra dose of awesomeness if you have startup or agency experience
What’s In It For you?
Bambee cares deeply about employee well being and is proud to offer the following benefits and perks:
Equity, 401(k), Unlimited vacation, Medical, dental, and vision insurance, Life insurance, Generous health and wellness stipend, $500 personal travel stipend to promote new life and travel experiences, Sponsorship for participation in arts and cultural events, Weekly summer movie nights, Dog-friendly office, Commuter benefits, Fully stocked kitchen (kombucha and cold brew on tap!), Annual staff retreat, Frequent company dinners and happy hours, Professional development
About The Founder
Bambee was founded in 2016 by Allan Jones (2x-entrepreneur & ex-CMO of ZipRecruiter, and Head of Product at Docstoc [acquired by Intuit]), who has a proven track record in developing successful product and marketing strategies for small businesses/HR.
We provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
We expressly prohibit any form of workplace harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, age, genetic information, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of our employees to perform their job duties may result in discipline up to and including discharge.