Social Media Director
San Diego, California
At BAM, we move stories forward for technology-driven brands that challenge, change, and create entire industries. Our clients span a wide range of categories, representing some of the most exciting companies in the startup space and beyond. We take pride in challenging the status-quo and firmly believe in the opportunity of new ideas, creating captivating brand experiences through every point of interaction. Our Creative Team is growing and we’re looking for an experienced Social Media Director who lives and breathes social media, communications, and public relations who can use their skills to monitor, enhance, and direct the conversations people are having about BAM and our clients. Reporting to the Content Director, this role will be accountable for all social media efforts, working in close tandem with all account services team members, BAM’s marketing department, and BAM’s VC relations team.
Our ideal candidate has experience successfully using social media and communications to improve brand image, managing and creating original content for social and traditional media platforms, and developing relationships with publications, influencers, or the public to increase brand visibility. They are goal oriented, and while they care deeply about their campaigns, they also never lose track of the big picture: that successful campaigns always need to get people to change their behaviors to serve specific business needs. This Social Media Director will demonstrate an ability to manage projects (with others and independently); provide strategy (to clients and BAM as an agency); and also get in the weeds to draft content, social community manage, create analytics reporting, etc. Nothing is “above” or “below” you - you are a team player every single day regardless of title.
What you’ll do:
* Manage the overall strategy and day-to-day execution of all BAM social media and communication channels
* Act as a senior advisor to all account staff and our clients’ on social media strategy opportunities and tactical execution, being client facing in some capacities and acting as a trusted internal source in all capacities
* Work alongside the content team to create and maintain an editorial calendar for all media properties
* Actively monitor and ensure that a response is made to all questions that are posted on BAM’s paid social media advertisements (as well as for clients in collaboration with those account teams)
* Make sure that we engage in a brand positive with people posting on BAM and our clients’ social media properties
* Respond tactfully to comments, reviews, articles, or other public incidents that might negatively affect the brands
* Create opportunities for customers, followers, and prospective customers to engage meaningfully with each other and with our brand and client brands’ online
* Monitor social media and review sites obsessively to alert BAM and account teams to discussions or trends in the community that could positively or negatively affect our work
* Create and execute a plan to build and protect our brands in their respective online or geographic communities
* Actively build and maintain relationships with news organizations, online publications, bloggers, social media influencers, and community partners about the work of BAM and our clients to generate earned media and other opportunities for us to be viewed positively in the community
* Work closely with BAM’s Design Director, Brand Strategist, and Content Director to plan and promote local events designed to support business goals
* Oversee efforts to increase both quantity and quality of our online reviews, especially on sites like Glassdoor and LinkedIn
* Work with the appropriate staff to not only to respond to both positive and negative reviews of BAM and BAM clients, but also figure out how we can eliminate the problems that cause negative reviews and encourage the situations that result in positive reviews
* Work closely with BAM’s Creative Department to help plan the overall marketing strategy and goals for BAM as a company
* Work closely with BAM’s content team to promote original content via our social media channels as well as other social platforms
* Strong communication skills are a must; you’ll be doing a lot of communication with internal staff, clients, and vendors via Slack, email, phone, video chat, and/or in personA passion and strong understanding of the PR industry and BAM’s mission to share the stories of technology-driven brands that challenge, change and create entire industries
* Exceptional writing and editing skills, as well as the ability to adopt the style, tone, and voice of BAM and BAM clients’ various types of content/culturesAn analytical mind and interest in using data to optimize and scale our marketing efforts
* Excellent organizational skills to work independently and manage projects with many moving parts
* Strong experience using social media management software such as Hootsuite or Hubspot
* Experience using monitoring software such as Google Alerts
* Strong experience with and knowledge of social platforms such as Reddit, Quora, Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, YouTube, and Instagram
* Experience with Google Drive (Docs, Slides, Sheets) is preferred
* Ability to organize and analyze data with Excel/Google Sheets
* Thirst for knowledge and constantly reading, studying and testing new and better ways to increase our brand visibility
* A dual-minded approach: You’re highly creative but can also be process-driven, think scale, and rely on data to make decisions
Minimum of 5 years of high-level experience with social media marketing, messaging, corporate communications, and public relations
Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or PR highly preferred.
Competitive compensation based on experience (salary range: $110-120k).
*3pm Fridays year round
*Bonuses of 10% of your salary, no matter your position
*Learning & Development stipend
*Client bonuses (re-signed contracts, exceeded goals, etc.)
*Full health, dental, and vision insurance
*Monthly “BAMmy” awards to recognize those who showcase our core values
*Paid Christmas Eve to day after New Years day vacation
*Paid volunteer time off
*Quarterly "remote weeks"
*Flex time and remote days
*Ample paid vacation, PTO, and sick time
*8 week fully paid maternity/paternity leaves
*Constant feedback and “Extreme Ownership” ethos culture
*On site pool and full gym at our lovely San Diego headquarters
*Monthly outings and perks such as paid Pilates passes, coffee stipends, etc.
*Semi-annual offsite retreats at wonderful places
*Democratic management style allowing the team say in new clients and management decisions
*Dog and baby friendly offices
In order to be considered for this position, you must complete the application in its entirety by answering the 7 "Interview Questions" included with the application. Why? Because we know how lucky we are to work here and we want to be sure that the folks we are talking to feel as strongly about working here as we do!