Graphic Design Manager
New York, New York
At BAM, we move stories forward for technology-driven brands that challenge, change, and create entire industries. Our clients span a wide range of categories, representing some of the most exciting companies in the startup space and beyond. We take pride in challenging the status-quo and firmly believe in the opportunity of new ideas, creating captivating brand experiences through every point of interaction. Our Creative Team is growing and we’re looking for an experienced Graphic Design Manager who lives and breathes CMYK, pixel perfection, and has “the eye.” Your skills will help grow BAM as an agency and our clients. While collaborating with others and reporting to the Content Director, this role will be accountable for creating and managing all visual content produced for our agency and our client campaigns, working in close tandem with all account services team members, BAM’s marketing department, and BAM’s VC relations team.
The ideal candidate is goal oriented, and while they care deeply about the visual creative process, they also never lose track of the big picture: successful campaigns always need to get people to change their behaviors to serve specific business needs. This Graphic Design Manager will demonstrate an ability to manage projects (with others and independently), provide strategy (around BAM- and client-specific campaigns), and also get in the weeds to design countless amounts of content. Nothing is “above” or “below” you - you are a team player every single day regardless of title.
What you’ll do:
* Design beautiful and engaging visual creative in support of BAM as an agency and our clients
* Bring multichannel campaigns and brands to life, with the ability to present in a compelling manner to clients and project stakeholders
* Create on-brand design solutions that meet measurable business goals and requirements
* Create brand style guides support of our brands and cross-platform experiences, when applicable
* Understand and respond to performance data and steer the direction of future designs
* Create clean, dynamic designs with highly organized files
* Experience managing budgets, timelines, deliverables
* Excellent visual design sensibilities and principle knowledge
* An online portfolio demonstrating powerful ideas and strong visual design skills across digital and traditional platforms, along with work that reflects the design process
* Understanding of PR fundamentals and ability to implement them to create dynamic content
* Fluency with standard and dynamic design software packages (Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator- Sketch, etc.)
* Proven aptitude for quick creative thinking with acute attention to detail
* Ability to adapt and design for various industries
* Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills with the ability to gracefully defend design decisions to clients, including company leadership
* Fluency in moving from interpreting strategy to developing concepts, including building brand guidelines to implement across a range of different applications for digital, print, web, social, video, experiential.
* Collaborate with Content Director to improve processes to increase efficiency and quality of workGrow team knowledge of best practices and trends in design and visual communication
* Strong project management skills
* Ability to think spatially, understanding how a brand is consistently expressed and maintained in digital and physical environments over time
* Exhibit composure in critical situations and communicate clearly with team members, peers, and stakeholders
* Must be able to provide an online or print portfolio with work samples.
Minimum of 3 years of high-level experience with design development in-house or in an agency setting.
Bachelor’s degree in graphic design, marketing, advertising, communications, or PR highly preferred.
Competitive compensation based on experience (salary range: $85-100k).
*3pm Fridays year round
*Bonuses of 10% of your salary, no matter your position
*Learning & Development stipend
*Client bonuses (re-signed contracts, exceeded goals, etc.)
*Full health, dental, and vision insurance
*Monthly “BAMmy” awards to recognize those who showcase our core values
*Paid Christmas Eve to day after New Years day vacation
*Paid volunteer time off
*Quarterly "remote weeks"
*Flex time and remote days
*Ample paid vacation, PTO, and sick time
*8 week fully paid maternity/paternity leaves
*Constant feedback and “Extreme Ownership” ethos culture
*On site pool and full gym at our lovely San Diego headquarters
*Monthly outings and perks such as paid Pilates passes, coffee stipends, etc.
*Semi-annual offsite retreats at wonderful places
*Democratic management style allowing the team say in new clients and management decisions
*Dog and baby friendly offices
In order to be considered for this position, you must complete the application in its entirety by answering the 7 "Interview Questions" included with the application. Why? Because we know how lucky we are to work here and we want to be sure that the folks we are talking to feel as strongly about working here as we do!