Director/Head of Government & Stakeholder Relations
Dhaka, Bangladesh /
BANGLALINK – Corporate & Regulatory Affairs /
· Share findings of international best practices, trends and development with the government and policy makers and exert influence to drive state level policy and regulation changes through continuous critical negotiation and through analysis on business recommendation
· Research and understand the technology trend to incorporate the proper insight in the strategy and plan; develop position paper recommend and suggest solution based on government strategy documents in view of company's/industry's sustainability and future target
· Suggest relevant Reform, Modernization of Telecom, Broadband, ICT Digital Financial Services and other relevant Policies and Regulations
· Understand company's current and future priorities & objectives and strategically guide to build a regulatory strategy document in conjunction with other departments, convert the strategy and plan into short and long term measurable activities and follow up the execution
· Identify the Stakeholders as per company priorities and map stakeholder mapping in order to engage; understand company's current and future priorities and objectives
· Identify and conduct the necessary ground work on Regulatory and Business environment to meet company’s objectives and goals; actively build relation with external stakeholders
· Lead to organize effective engagements and dialogues with key stakeholders on issues affecting the business environment, regulatory issues, technological advancement, industry position; engagement with emerging stakeholders (NBR, Bangladesh Bank, Directorate of National Consumer Rights Protection)
· Ensure proper Law Enforcing Agencies support as per the condition of licensing guideline maintaining utmost confidentiality mentioned in the licensing guideline and telecommunication act
· Analyze the crisis situation occurs internal matters related to site, power failure, major system crash, national crisis etc. and develop a quick and sustainable recovery strategy and action plan
· Ensure the team is equipped with the adequate knowledge; identify training requirements and build competency to develop resources, manage performance of direct reports through objective setting, continuous support and feedback and formal appraisal
Required Academic Qualifications
· MBA from any UGC approved university
· Minimum 15 to 20 years of experience with at least 10 years relevant experience
Required Knowledge & Skills
· High Inter-personal relationship skill
· Advance knowledge of regulatory policies and guideline
· Advance knowledge of governments policies, 5-year development plan and revenue planning
· Advance understanding of socio-economic changes
· Advance understanding to forecast environmental knowledge
· Advance knowledge on global best practices, technology evolution and ITU & GSMA studies, advocacy & developments
· Advance knowledge of the complete value chain of telecom business
· Sound knowledge of Financial analysis and subsequent understanding of the results
If you are interested to pursue a career with us and you have the required experience & skills, please apply with an updated CV on or before June 19, 2021.
Banglalink, one of the leading digital communications service providers in Bangladesh with over 35 million subscribers, and a subsidiary of Netherlands based company VEON Ltd.
Working at VEON demands a high standard of business ethics and adherence to our legal obligations, our values and our Code of Conduct and supporting compliance policies and procedures. Our pioneering spirit is embodied in our values to be customer obsessed, entrepreneurial, innovative, collaborative, and truthful. Being truthful requires us to act ethically, honestly, and with integrity.
Follow us in our company page www.linkedin.com/company/banglalink to learn more about Banglalink and our career opportunities.
“ Thank you for your application. Please note that your resume will be stored with us for the purpose of present and future recruitments only.”