Audit Readiness Financial Analyst (Clearance Required)
Alexandria, VA /
Integrated Communications /
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum seeks an experienced Audit Readiness Financial Analyst to provide support to the OIG Financial Management Office and components to assist with planning, programming, budgeting and execution of the OIG budget and POM/BES process. The Analyst will provide support to agency accounting operations and agency travel office financial operations as needed.
- Assist management in ensuring compliance with applicable accounting principles, standards, and requirements, and internal control standards, and reviews.
- Assist in maintaining an integrated agency accounting and financial management system, including financial reporting and internal controls.
- Assist management in ensuring compliance with policies and requirements as required.
- Provide for the development and reporting of cost information.
- Provide for the systematic measurement of performance data.
- Assist management in the implementation of the Defense Agencies Initiative (DAI) accounting system.
- Provide budgeting and planning actions, budget execution, travel, accounting, and allocation tasks.
- Assist in the preparation of briefings and presentations that integrate planning and requirements activities in accordance with budget preparation and support.
- Conduct analysis to ensure timely and accurate programming and budgeting.
- Vigilant review of funding and execution data to ensure that programs and/or projects are identified as budget risks and escalated to the management.
- Perform timely accounting analysis and reconciliations to ensure the accuracy and validity of general ledger balances and quarterly financial statements.
- Timely respond to numerous audit requests in support of the DoD OIG Financial Statement Audit.
- Establish and monitor internal controls over financial reporting to identify problem areas, determine actions to improve operating program effectiveness, and ensure the integrity of financial and accounting information.
- Assist in the development of business process documentation, capturing data, identifying business process control weaknesses, and testing.
- DoD Secret Clearance required
- BA/BS in related discipline preferred
- Experience with Audit Readiness, FIAR, internal controls requirements consistent with OMB A-123, and Manager's Internal Control Program (MICP) highly preferred
- Relevant financial management experience, particularly in a government setting
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.