Digital Content Specialist
Norfolk, VA /
Integrated Communications /
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking a Digital Content Specialist to support a contract for the Public Affairs and Outreach directorate (N01P) at Commander, U.S. Fleet Forces Command (COMUSFLTFORCOM) in Norfolk, Virginia. The primary purpose of Digital Content Specialist position is to work in the Public Affairs Media directorate (N01P), COMUSFLTFORCOM supporting the Mission Essential Function (MEF), Digital Media/Social Media Engagement/Content.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance (interim clearance not accepted)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field: Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, etc
- 5+ years of relevant experience in digital communications, including web design/development, social media planning/execution, and website/social media analytics
- Familiarity with the organizational structure of and challenges facing DoD in general and the Navy in particular
- Must possess strong writing and editing skills to create and post content to Navy websites and social media pages that is free of formatting or grammar errors
- Must be reliable and able to meet firm daily deadlines for product submission
- Must have experience in social media platforms, developing social media calendars, and writing content for posting
- Must know how to create website and social media analytics reports accompanied by takeaways and recommendations to improve content
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.