Special Operations Research and Analysis SME- SOCAFRICA
Cyber / Intelligence /
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum seeks an experienced Research and Analysis SME to provide support to an active Special Operations Command - Africa (SOCAFRICA) contract. This individual will produce and disseminate standard, ad-hoc and client-specific reports, statistical analysis, briefings, and studies that support operational assessments and inform staff estimates. Additionally, the SME supports the on-site Team Lead by attending recurring meetings and battle rhythm events to gain and maintain situational awareness on current and future operations. The ideal candidate will leverage a blend of Assessments, Data Analysis and R&D-related analytical experience in furtherance of dynamic customer requirements.
- Function as the on-site Team Lead supporting SOCAFRICA requirements; continually seek opportunities to increase customer satisfaction and deepen command relationships;
- Provide technical advice and assistance for staff preparation and participation in briefings and meetings;
- Support the development and maintenance a multilayered information environment user dashboard interface that increases decision-maker awareness and improves operational visibility;
- Support the Tampa Production Center (TPC) from Stuttgart in the development of reports on the environment and topics of interest for strategic estimates including political, military, social, economic, informational, environmental, and technical issues;
- Coordinate with the SOCAFRICA J2 on threat trends and make recommendations to refine strategic, operational and contingency planning;
- Provide a forecast of threat trends in operations of future operations to increase warfighter awareness by researching emerging trends in the operating environment and define potential vulnerabilities to the U.S. efforts in the SOCAFRICA area of responsibility;
- Analyze threat assets and networks within the region and provide recommendations on potential SOCAFRICA operations, activities and actions (OAAs) to affect these threats and promote the survivability of Special Operations personnel and equipment;
- Supports the development of qualitative and quantitative metrics to measure progress of the Commands operations, actions, and activities toward operational and strategic-level objectives;
- Employ expertise to develop predictive analysis of primary, secondary and tertiary intended and unintended consequences of planned and ongoing operations, actions, and activities; and,
- Supports the Theater Special Operation Command (TSOC) preparation of Comprehensive Joint Assessment (CJA) in support of USAFRICOM Theater Campaign Plan (TCP) and USSOCOM assessment requirements.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance required
- A bachelor’s degree plus 3 years of recent specialized experience, OR; An associate’s degree plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; A major certification plus 7 years of recent specialized experience, OR; 11 years of recent specialized experience
- Demonstrated qualitative and quantitive research skills and experience, to include Measures of Performance and Measures of Effectiveness (MOP/MOE) analysis
- Minimum of three years of technical portal, web service and/or analytical experience
- Familiar with the SOCAFRICA area of operations
- Familiar with Microsoft Office Applications (Word, PowerPoint, Access, and Excel) as well as developing and maintaining SharePoint portals and web-based environments
- SOF SME with experience in O-6 level or higher command with a thorough understanding of the JP-5 assessment process
- JPME II graduate (preferred)
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.