Springfield, VA /
Cyber / Intelligence /
Barbaricum is a Washington, DC based small business who works with Special Operations to solve hard problems using leading software and hardware. You will know exactly where your code is going and achieve real world outcomes using an open source technology stack.
We are focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture. We were recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking a talented software engineer to serve as a technologist and code writer within a multi-disciplinary agile development team. We are developing an agile, hyper-responsive capability to respond to challenging and evolving requirements to counter unconventional cyber threats with the ability to receive, store, process, and make sense of large-scale mission data at the speed of offensive and defensive operations.
This capability enhances SOCOM’s ability to quickly respond to warfighter requirements with technology solutions and services incorporating innovative approaches and the fusion of various data sources and types.
- Solve technical challenges through proactively identifying approaches and implementing solutions using knowledge of the customer, project based needs, and understanding of the mission.
- Write algorithms with trillions of records using geotemporal analytics to discover patterns
- Utilize 320 node HPC to apply open source technologies to analyze petabytes of data at scale
- Direct support to a Tier One SOF customer focused on achieving real world outcomes every day who will remove all roadblocks to make coding "easy" (you will not run into challenges you may have previously had elsewhere supporting a government high side project)
- Work with a small team of technologists to solve complex problems using the latest technology from a hardware AND software perspective
- Active Top Secret clearance with SCI eligibility
- At least 12 years of experience in software development or related fields
- Advanced skills coding with one or more of the following languages: Python, Java, Perl, Ruby, or C++
- Experience planning and managing new application development architecture and engineering
Things That Will Help You be Successful
- Previous or current mission focused work experience supporting users
- Experience with linux/unix system administration
- Experience with cluster administration (ansible, terraform, puppet, chef)
- Experience with DevSecOps (gitlab, jenkins, k8s, helm)
- Experience with Hadoop, MapReduce, Spark, Elasticsearch, Neo4j or other big data and graph products
- Experience with geospatial data and the development of geospatially based analytical models
- Experience with text processing such as entity disambiguation, entity extraction, searching (e.g., Lucene, Solr, ElasticSearch), topic extraction, summarization, clustering, etc.
- Familiarity with Web services environment and technologies such as XML, KML, SOAP, or JSON
- B.A./ B.S. in Computer Science or related fields (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering)
- M.S. in Computer Science or related fields (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Engineering)
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.