Washington, DC /
Cyber / Intelligence /
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Here at Barbaricum, we are seeking smart, experienced engineers to help deploy ground breaking technical solutions to solve our customers’ hardest problems. We help our customers detect insider trading, improve disaster relief, fight healthcare fraud, and more. Each mission presents different challenges, from the regulatory environment to the nature of the data to the user population. FSR Engineers work to accommodate all aspects of an environment to drive real technical outcomes for our customers.
As an FSR Engineer, you will help develop a solution in full, from high-level system design and configuration to application development and data integration. You will leverage everything around you: core company products, open source technologies (e.g. GHE), and anything you and your team can build to drive real impact. In this role, you work with customers around the globe, where you gain rare insight into the world’s most important industries and institutions.
- You will be responsible for our core company platform, which provides the foundation for our projects, as well as custom applications built on top of our core company platform.
- Oracle, Postgres, Cassandra, Hadoop, and Spark for distributed data storage and parallel computing.
- Java and Groovy for our back-end applications and data integration tools.
- Typescript, React/Redux for our web technologies.
- Python for data processing and analysis.
- Commercial standard cloud infrastructures such as AWS or Azure.
- CentOS/Red Hat Linux as the basis for all our on premise servers.
- DoD Security Clearance
- Strong engineering background, preferably in fields such as Computer Science, Mathematics, Software Engineering, Physics.
- Familiarity with data structures, storage systems, cloud infrastructure, front-end frameworks, and other technical tools, as well as an understanding of how technical decisions impact the user of what you’re building.
- Ability to work effectively in teams of technical and non-technical individuals.
- Skill and comfort working in a rapidly changing environment with dynamic objectives and iteration with users.
- Demonstrated ability to continuously learn, work independently, and make decisions with minimal supervision.
- Willingness and interest to travel as needed (including overseas) per the needs of the business
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.