Motion Graphics Designer - Department of Defense
Washington, DC /
Cyber / Intelligence /
Contingent on Contract Award
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Motion Graphics Designer to provide support to the DoD's Joint Artificial Intelligence Center (JAIC), which is focused on the direction, synchronization and modernization of Artificial Intelligence across the DoD enterprise. This individual will provide subject matter expertise to support to the following: Development of strategies to reduce technology and non-technology barriers to AI adoption; Ensuring relevant missions are operating consistently to identify and exploit modernization opportunities; Coordination of information flow across the Directorate and with other relevant Directorates; Management of taskers and monitoring of performance measures; Elucidation of use cases for AI; and delivering sustainable, useful, and reliable AI products.
- Responsible for design and production of regional corporate marketing materials; brand strategy; graphics support for all relevant missions
- Collaborate with mission teams and the communications team to design custom graphics, videos, and three-dimensional animation for digital platforms
- Tell the story; Make deliberate design decisions and translate any given user experience into a smooth and intuitive interaction
- Create, improve, and use wireframes, prototypes, style guides, user flows, and effectively communicate your interaction ideas using any of these methods
- Present and be able to defend design decisions, which are based on design thinking and fundamental principles of design, including color schemes, visual weight, etc.
- Work closely with the UX lead and developers to ensure that designs meet the UX specifications and are implementable by the development team
- Collect and understand requirements; design, explain, and negotiate feedback
- Conduct ongoing research to identify new design trends and UX strategies
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelors Degree
- 4-8 years of relevant work experience
- Must have experience working in agile teams with a UX lead, developers, testers, and project managers
- Experience with Adobe Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, After Effects) Sketch, Cinema 4D, InVision, etc.
- Basic understanding of front-end languages
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.