Open-Source Threat Mitigation SME / Program Manager
Washington, DC /
Cyber / Intelligence /
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Threat Mitigation Analyst with expertise in the Deep/Dark Web to provide support to a contract supporting the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) Director's office. ICE’s mission is to promote homeland security and public safety through the criminal and civil enforcement of approximately 400 federal laws governing border control, customs, trade and immigration. The SME will support this effort by leading vulnerability assessments and proactive threat monitoring, as well as providing program management services.
- Conduct collection and exploitation of Open-Source, proprietary data, open social media data, and Deep and Dark Web data via use of PAI toolkits and industry workflows
- Gather, synthesize, and analyze Open-Source information in support of objectives related to DHS Senior Leader, Personnel, and Facility protection and other areas of the DHS mission
- Proven experience producing and delivering daily, monthly, and ad hoc Vulnerability and Threat Monitoring Reports and other OSINT analysis products
- Ability to support proactive threat monitoring – including 24/7 threat alerting using industry leading tools
- Contribute to assessing emerging OSINT and Publicly Available Information (PAI) methodologies and tools
- Provide quality control over deliverables submitted to the customer
- Provide mentorship and training to a team of analysts to ensure best practices are adhered to and state-of-the-art tools are being utilized effectively
- Engage with senior government stakeholders
- BA/BS and 5+ years of intelligence or investigative experience with experience and training in OSINT/PAI tools and resources
- Ability to pass DHS Fitness Determination and background investigation
- Experience utilizing Commercial Off The Shelf (COTS) ONSINT and PAI tools which include but are not limited to open source and proprietary applications (e.g., OpeniO, SILO, IntelTechniques, Crimson Hexagon, LexisNexis, and others)
- Demonstrated experience in a field related to OSINT/PAI research, collection management, or analysis or the exploitation of PAI and open social media
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of collecting and exploiting PAI from deep web and dark web
- Current or recent experience providing Open-Source analytical support for DHS or other USG clients
- Watch Center or similar threat monitoring experience
- Federal Law Enforcement experience
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.