Technical Writer and Communications Specialist
Washington, DC /
Mission Support /
Contingent on Contract Award
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum seeks a Senior Technical Writer and Communications Specialist to provide support to a Department of Homeland Security (DHS) customer.
- Gathers, analyzes, and composes complex technical information.
- Conducts research and ensures the use of proper technical terminology.
- Translates technical information into clear, readable documents to be used by technical and non-technical personnel.
- Organizes material and writes descriptive copy according to establish standards regarding order, clarity, conciseness, style, and terminology.
- Selects photographs, drawings, sketches, diagrams, and charts to illustrate material.
- Develops communications materials for publications, internet, strategic initiatives, user manuals, training materials, installation guides, white papers, reports, etc.
- Develops, writes, and edits functional descriptions, system
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- BA/BS + 10 years of relevant experience or Master’s + 5 years of experience.
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.