Data Engineer - Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
Washington, DC /
Cyber / Intelligence /
Contingent on Contract Award
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum seeks an experienced Data Engineer to provide support to a Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) customer, with the purpose of enabling ongoing situational awareness—through integration of legacy and new data systems—that will allow commanders and their forces to make and quickly implement informed decisions. The Data Engineer will work alongside a team of data, software development and analytics professionals to advance the state of the art in Big Data, data analysis, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and advanced analytics to enhance the DoD and Intelligence Community information processes and technical architectures. This team will deliver insight, advantages and dominance in warfighting domains spanning land, maritime, air, space and cyber.
- Lead the design and execution of data models and data stores across all required technologies – SQL, noSQL, object/search, image, and graph.
- Lead the monitoring of database performance against Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and other measures.
- Direct the ongoing database tuning activities to deliver required performance and mission value.
- Help develop the requisite team of data engineers for delivering database performance.
- Collaborate with other team members to engineer database performance as part of the total data enterprise.
- Lead special emphasis on defining the required multi-model or polyglot data storage technologies in order to achieve mission value.
- Manage technical staff and technical resources to priority needs.
- Contribute to professional development and work culture for high performing teams.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of relevant experience
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.