Data Analyst - CENTCOM
Tampa, FL /
Cyber / Intelligence /
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking a Data Analyst to provide support to a U.S. Special Operations Command (SOCOM) contract supporting a team responsible for evaluating and executing assessment strategies requiring: Collection of metrics to assess program effectiveness as it relates to both individual/team performance and the overall fulfillment of defined objectives; Data management including parsing, sanitizing, & restructuring data from various sources and combining them into specific formats; Use of operational details and intended outcomes to determine appropriate analyses and data requirements; Conduct analyses, summarize results, and write reports and presentations able to provide actionable insights to a lay audience.
Analysts will be a part of a team that will perform program assessment through quantitative analyses, produce internal and external reports, and develop new methods of assessment in response to changing reporting and operational requirements.
- Provide assessment through quantitative and qualitative analyses for CENTCOM portfolio
- Evaluate and execute assessment strategies requiring collection metrics related to both individual and team performance and program objectives
- Restructure data from various sources, and analyzing the data to provide actionable insights
- Use Intermediate Excel skills to extract data from CSV & other delimited text formats, restructure data as needed (e.g., PivotTables, basic formulas), and update existing summary information (e.g., tables, graphics) for presentation to senior leadership
- Collect and synthesize qualitative vignettes that provide support for data interpretations
- Employ superior written communication to create meaningful stories by combining quantitative (e.g., correlation, trends over time) and qualitative data
- Work with stakeholders to ensure assessment products have the appropriate focus and are providing an accurate representation of the environment
- Active DoD Secret clearance required
- Bachelor's degree or higher from an accredited university
- 1-3 years of relevant work experience
- Familiarity with basic statistical methods (e.g., GLM)
- Intermediate Excel skills (e.g., PivotTables, formulas, create/update graphs)
- Intermediate data analysis skills, including the ability to understand and work with structured data in standard (e.g., CSV, JSON) & nonstandard delimited formats and provide preliminary error checking (e.g., ensure correct parsing, missing values, valid data types)
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
Preferred Experience & Qualifications
- Master’s degree from an accredited university with a major in the Social Sciences (Political Science, Economics, Sociology, etc.), Business, or a related field
- Experience supporting MISO/IO missions
- Familiarity with basic principles of research design
- Experience using SQL to manipulate & analyze data stored in relational databases (e.g., MS Access, PostgreSQL)
- Ability to devise measurement strategy given a research question and existing data constraints
- Familiarity working with unstructured data
- Familiarity with advanced analytics (e.g., SNA, NLP, ML)
- Ability to construct a logic model breaking down complex processes into key components
- Familiarity with data visualization including experience with common visualization software (e.g., R, Tableau)
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.