Information Operations Social Media Analyst / Support Coordinator
Fort Bragg, NC /
Cyber / Intelligence /
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an Information Operations (IO) Social Media Analyst / Support Coordinator to serve as the IO focal point for social media analysis and support requests. Performs research and analysis of social networking sites, online media outlets, and other news/content aggregates. Conducts research and analysis in support of Military Information Support Operations (MISO) Target Audience Analysis (TAA). Coordinates and leads a network of IO planners and a number of agencies from the Intelligence Community and the Inter-agency to submit and conduct research, analysis, online engagements, and assessments throughout the social media space and information environment. Provides insight and incorporates lessons learned to plan development.
This position will require participation in occasional 24/7 on-call work schedules, and the candidate selected must be willing and able to occasionally support missions on nights, weekends, and/or holidays.
- Conduct online research and analysis of social networking sites, online media outlets, and various information mediums.
- Conducts research and analysis in support of MISO Target Audience Analysis.
- Provide analysis on potential impacts of the information environment and the physical domain.
- Produce briefing products characterizing the information environment based on research and analysis.
- Maintain proficiency of online analytic skills and techniques.
- Maintain knowledge of online social media platforms and technologies.
- Manage social media requests to address the information needs of subordinate units.
- Receive, prioritize, coordinate, synchronize, and provide responses to social media requests.
- Independently manage information and support requests and track feedback, effects, and assessments via an online database.
- Maintain awareness of designated regional issues.
- Work independently to accomplish objectives.
- Manage documentation such as notes, informative papers, and/or white papers.
- Develop, staff, and present briefing presentations and correspondence.
- Provide input to operational planning regarding the use, effect, and impact of IO and social media in the information environment to leadership.
- Deconflict and coordinate schedules and manage the workload and activities of partnered agencies.
- Maintain working relationships and broker new relationships with partnered agencies in DOD and the Inter-agency.
- Teach social media best practices and incorporate lessons learned to new IO planners.
- Participation in exercises.
- Some travel required (10% or less)
- Active Top Secret security clearance with SCI eligibility
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in related field—preferably relevant to IO or social media. Master’s degree desired.
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience or 5 years recent experience specifically in information operations (IO) and/or social media analysis.
- Working knowledge of desktop applications, internet, and social media.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
- Previous military experience as a senior NCO or Field Grade officer.
- Master’s degree relevant to IO, operations, analysis, or social media.
- Knowledge of RFI process preferred; previous experience a plus.
- Ability to facilitate, coordinate, and negotiate with clients on deadlines and requirements.
- Previous intelligence experience/military information support operations (MISO)/psychological operations (PSYOP) experience.
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.