Software Engineer - Air Force
Washington, DC /
Mission Support /
Contingent on Contract Award
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking a Software Engineer to support the continued development in capabilities and new techniques for the Air Force Critical Asset Risk Management (CARM) programs and Mission Assurance (MA) activities. The Air Force Critical Asset Management (AF-CAMS) database development, maintenance, and operation remains a key element to CARM. This individual will be responsible for software engineering and database management for the AF-CAMS database and ensuring feasible technical solutioning within the software development lifecycle, data integration, planning and managing new application development, architecture, and engineering for successful operations on USAF and DoD networks. This team will lead the Air Force's continued transition into the Next Generation of AF-CAMS.
- Supports AF-CAMS Database Development
- Help lead development in order to transition from legacy to modern technologies
- Designs, develops, performs, and analyzes tests to determine solution suitability
- Evaluate SQL and web-based applications
- Define and set up an enterprise software development environment including container cluster management, repositories, CI/CD pipelines, and security assurance checks
- Define secure APIs
- Oversees Mission Assurance and Air Force Critical Asset Management System activities
- Ensures quality and DoD network compliant products are delivered
- Active DoD TS SCI
- BA/BS Degree in Computer Science Information Technology, Information Systems or related fields
- 12 years’ experience
- Demonstrated familiarity with SQL, C#, and other common programming languages
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Understanding of the advantages/disadvantages of programming languages (why use C#, Golang, Scala, Python, and/or C++ for development)
- Understanding of the advantages/disadvantages of web-based frameworks (React, Angular, Vue, Spring)
- Understand of the trade-offs between waterfall, agile, kanban, MVP, and accelerated sprint methodologies
- Experience leading transitions from legacy to modern technologies
- Experience with canary deployments and A/B web app testing
- Experience developing in an always-available production environment
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.