Functional Expert Consultant
Clinton, MD /
Mission Support /
Contingent on Contract Award
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking a Functional Expert Consultant to support the research, analysis, development and providing recommendations to Air Force (AF) Language Regional Expertise and Culture (AF/A1D-LREC). AF/A1D-LREC supports AF/A1D as the AF Senior Language Authority, the Department of Defense (DoD) Executive Agent for the Defense Language Institute English Language Center (DLIELC), and AF/A1 point office for the Computer Language Initiative. This individual will utilize functional area expertise gained through direct industry experience to assess the operational and functional baseline of an organization and its organizational components.
- Uses in-depth consultative skills and business knowledge based on accumulated experience and education aligned to practice business objectives and processes.
- Work with senior managers and executives to provide industry vision and strategic direction with regard to their enterprise.
- Guide the determination of information technology inadequacies and/or deficiencies that affect the functional area’s ability to support/meet organizational goals.
- Generate functional area strategies for enhanced IT operations in a cross-functional area mode throughout the organization.
- Participate in account strategy sessions, strategic assessments and design reviews to validate enterprise approach and associated work products.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance
- 5-12 years’ experience with program/project management supporting USAF, Special Operations, and/or DoD Warfighters
- MS/MA from an accredited institution
- Demonstrated regional expertise in one or more of the following areas: Middle East, Asia-Pacific, Africa, Europe, South America
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Familiarity with data visualization and common visualization software (e.g. Tableau)
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.