Strategic Communications Planner
Norfolk, VA /
Integrated Communications /
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an Operations Analyst/Planner for the Public Affairs and Outreach directorate (N01P) at Commander, U.S. Fleet Forces Command (COMUSFLTFORCOM) in Norfolk, Virginia. The primary purpose of the Operations Analyst/Planner position is to work in the N01P, COMUSFLTFORCOM developing public affairs guidance, communication plans and strategies, and response to query documents in support of future operations.
- Active DoD Secret Clearance (interim clearance not accepted)
- Bachelor’s degree in relevant field: Communications, Journalism, Public Relations, etc
- 5+ years of relevant experience in a communications field, including communication planning, strategy, product development, media training, and media relations/congressional affairs
- Experience in communication strategy and planning for future operations and exercises
- Ability to write a communication plan/public affairs annex that includes goals, objectives, audiences, messages, tactics, timeline, and coordinating support elements
- Strong writing and editing skills to produce concise, accurate, informative, timely communications products such as press releases, response to query documents, and public affairs guidance (PAG)
- Must have experience developing execution matrices such as Plan of Actions & Milestones (POA&Ms)
- Must have experience in long-range event planning and military exercise support
- Must have experience developing progress briefings to keep leaders updated on public affairs planning efforts.
- Ability to support working groups by helping to synchronize meeting inputs, organize meeting materials, attend meetings, and produce summary reports for distribution.
- Familiarity with the organizational structure of and challenges facing DoD in general and the Navy/ COMUSFLTFORCOM in particular
- Flexible to emerging tasks and shifting priorities
- Able to simultaneously manage multiple deliverables and operate in a fast-paced environment to deliver products on time and at high-quality
- Able to operate in a MEF Level 3 role
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.