Media Analyst - General
Washington, DC Metro Area /
Integrated Communications /
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking a Media Analyst to join a team supporting a variety of government offices. This position is an overnight position (Eastern Standard Time) and candidates work remotely from home. This person will be responsible for identifying, capturing, and analyzing media coverage daily to produce a news clips and analysis report that is sent to stakeholders and leaders within that government agency.
- Utilize software tools, websites, and other open-source research methods to identify news coverage of interest to the government office and its stakeholders.
- Analyze news content, linking similar storylines together in a single narrative and identifying specific nuances in media coverage.
- Deliver the daily news report on time and to a high-quality standard each day, Monday through Friday.
- Use various search platforms and media monitoring tools (Barbaricum will train candidate on these tools) to collect, organize, analyze, and assess media data about a wide range of topic areas. This includes examining traditional, broadcast and social media data.
- Analyze media analysis results to provide key takeaways and recommendations.
- BA/BS in a communications-related field preferred.
- 2+ years relevant communications, media, or journalism experience.
- Experience in media monitoring and analysis.
- Experience working on government contracts a plus.
- Experience working in any of the following fields a plus: consumer finance, product safety, veterans, military, nuclear energy and regulation a plus.
- Excellent open-source research skills to search hundreds of media outlets to identify those news articles most important to the client.
- Ability to conduct research, gather data, assess information, interpret results, and write reports analyzing nuanced media coverage.
- Strong writing and editing skills to produce concise summaries and analyses of news topics with minimal formatting or grammar errors.
- Ability to work independently with little supervision.
- Reliable and able to work under tight deadlines for product submission.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment with the ability to rapidly collect, collate, and effectively present research and analysis to necessary stakeholders.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.