Data Operations Specialist - Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
Washington, DC /
Cyber / Intelligence /
Contingent on Contract Award
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum seeks an experienced Data Operations Specialist to provide support to a Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) customer, with the purpose of enabling ongoing situational awareness—through integration of legacy and new data systems—that will allow commanders and their forces to make and quickly implement informed decisions. The Data Operations Specialist will work alongside a team of data, software development and analytics professionals to advance the state of the art in Big Data, data analysis, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and advanced analytics to enhance the DoD and Intelligence Community information processes and technical architectures. This team will deliver insight, advantages and dominance in warfighting domains spanning land, maritime, air, space and cyber.
- Collaborate with O&M team to lead the operation of an enterprise data platform.
- Manage and oversee execution of data operations delivering continuous availability and security of data.
- Direct resources to rapidly respond to any operational incidents.
- Lead the assessment of incidents and development of after-action reporting.
- Lead and direct the implementation of retrospectives to prevent further incidents and stop new incident types before they occur.
- Identify operational bottlenecks, isolating causal factors.
- Collaborate with other data leads in their design and development of data pipelines that rapidly transition to operations and deliver performance to standards without delays and interruptions in data services. Manage technical staff and technical resources to priority needs.
- Lead professional development and work culture for high-performing teams.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of relevant experience
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.