OSINT Technology Analyst
Cyber / Intelligence
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an OSINT Technology Analyst to provide technical and project management support for an ongoing effort in support of a government agency. The successful candidate will be passionate about open source intelligence methods, TTPs, and shaping the future of OSINT. This position will assist with customer engagements, to include technical discussions about big data, analytics, and exploitation. The OSINT Technology Analyst will also work with network engineers and developer teams, as well as project management activities and technical support. The individual will be competent in open-source research and social media analysis to be an effective coach/mentor to junior members of the team. This Analyst will be responsible for coordination between multiple government organizations and will be able to track and respond quickly to action items, and will directly support a Project Manager.
- OSINT management support (up to 300 users)
- Technical support to all users
- Deskside VTC support to analysts
- Open Source best practices and methodology
- Provides Toolkit account utilization metrics (logins, tool activity, etc.)
- Creates, tests, and issues Secured Unclassified Network accounts to users
- IT Network /Administrative support before, during, and after 5-day training events (6 out of 12 events per year) 23% of year
- Manage training course content and deliverables by providing input to curriculum development for OSINT training requirements
- Administrative support before, during, and after 5-day training events (12 out of 12 events per year) and supervise all training events, vendors and instructors
- Assist with monthly reports for DOD staff (metrics, training, spend, etc.)
- Briefs Senior DOD Leadership on OSINT Toolkit capabilities
- Troubleshoot OSINT tools
- Bachelor’s degree earned or within 6 courses from completion, Information Technology, National security/Intelligence, or Program Management preferred.
- Active DoD Top-Secret clearance with SCI eligibility.
- 2+ years of relevant experience.
- Experience in developing and managing projects, to include project teams, prioritization of lines of effort, planning, scheduling, and project close out.
- Must be IT-savvy with an innate curiosity about technology. Interpersonal skills and the ability to provide over-the-shoulder user support is paramount.
- Experience working in Department of Defense or Intelligence Community and effecting change to enhance security posture for the DoD.
- Experience as a member of a team in the many components of project management, such as: financial management, program documentation, scheduling, deployment, customer service, quality control, and user support.
- Experience in performance analysis, configuration control and change requests, IT project management, software deployment, and technical support.
- Experience working with multiple stakeholders and managing competing priorities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and experience developing and delivering project briefs and presentations.
- Experience utilizing Open Source data sources and Publicly Available Information (PAI) to conduct research and analysis.
- 35-series/18F MOS or equivalent.
- Graduate of OS301/OS302, CASO, defense or IC equivalent (DIA OS1, FBI OS101).
- Experience with BHTK analytical tools.
- Experience with safe research techniques, basic internet security, and common commercial and Government analytical tools.
- Experience gathering, synthesizing, and analyzing open source intelligence information in support of objectives related to force protection, counterterrorism, and counter-narcotics.
- Experience with MS Office, SharePoint, JIRA, and the fundamentals of computer networking, information assurance and network security.
- Technical support experience.
- Strong communication and presentation skills; Ability to brief senior leaders/stakeholders
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.