Military Intelligence Advisor (Ethiopia, Africa)
Contingent on Contract Award
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum seeks a Military Intelligence Advisor to provide subject-matter expertise and technical support to a contract supporting the Department of State's Bureau of African Affairs in Addis Ababa, Ethiopia.
- Attend Ethiopian military staff meetings and planning sessions, as well as OSC contractor meetings.
- Provide expert technical guidance to the Ethiopian military to develop professional, effective and accountable military intelligence capabilities and standard operating procedures (SOP’s).
- Advise on scheduled inspections, management, and acquisition.
- Provide technical assistance to adapt the Ethiopian military SOP’s to reflect the process by which the Ethiopian military decides on specific course of action (COA)
- Assist with documenting and instituting new processes/COAs
- Provide advisory and mentor services to support intelligence operations, intelligence support to mission command, and the operating of joint intelligence fusion cells
- Maintain an up-to-date list of outstanding requirements from Ethiopian military intelligence staff.
- Assess all data relating to equipment availability and make recommendations to improve operational readiness.
- As appropriate, the Advisor shall interface with other international advisors to stay current on needs, and de-conflict assistance.
- US Citizenship Required
- Active Secret security clearance
- Ten years’ hands-on U.S. military intelligence, or civilian Intelligence Specialist, experience at the S-2, G-2 or J-2 battalion level, or higher
- Two years’ experience in a joint military environment
- Two years’ experience advising foreign military or government
- Two years’ experience providing training in an overseas environment
- Professional experience writing business documents, such as reports, SITREPs, briefings, AARs, memoranda, letters, electronic mail, and training material, for consumption by military Commanders or civilian managers
- Professional experience presenting briefings, SITREPs, training, and AARs for consumption by military Commanders or civilian managers
- Highly-rated teamwork and collaboration skills, as demonstrated by awards, or above average performance reviews.
- Two years’ experience working or living in Africa, post-conflict, and/or developing nations
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.