Data Scientist - Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA)
Washington, DC /
Cyber / Intelligence /
Contingent on Contract Award
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum seeks an experienced Data Scientist to provide support to a Defense Intelligence Agency (DIA) customer, with the purpose of enabling ongoing situational awareness—through integration of legacy and new data systems—that will allow commanders and their forces to make and quickly implement informed decisions. The Data Scientist will work alongside a team of data, software development and analytics professionals to advance the state of the art in Big Data, data analysis, Artificial Intelligence (AI), Machine Learning (ML) and advanced analytics to enhance the DoD and Intelligence Community information processes and technical architectures. This team will deliver insight, advantages and dominance in warfighting domains spanning land, maritime, air, space and cyber.
- Perform advanced assessment, problem solving and analysis for data science challenges.
- Frame operational problem clearly including establishing baseline performance.
- Contribute to and coach data preparation and engineering activities, including feature engineering.
- Work with data management team on enhancements to existing pipelines.
- Select Machine Learning/Artificial Intelligence or other models and continue to and coach model tuning and evaluation.
- Create output measures for modeling or analytics tests.
- Coach team members in high-performing environment.
- Active DoD TS/SCI Clearance
- Bachelor's Degree
- 7+ years of relevant experience
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.