Graphic/Website Designer - DARPA
Arlington, VA /
Mission Support /
Contingent on Contract Award
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named one of the best places to work by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking an experienced Graphic/Website Designer to provide support to the Defense Advanced Research Projects Agency and its Tactical Technology Office (TTO), which is charged with conducting research and development of advanced military systems and technologies. This individual will provide graphics support and web development/web interface support.
- Develop, update, and maintain a variety of visual aids for highly technical programs/concepts, to include 2-D and 3-D illustrations, posters, videos, models representative of products/concepts, original artwork or graphics, and other media; current applications include Adobe Creative Suite, Photoshop, InDesign, Illustrator, After Effects and Newtek Light wave
- Assist with providing content for the office page on the DARPA website in accordance with current DoD and DARPA guidelines in a timely manner
- Maintain a tracker of all office and program internal and external sites
- Active DoD TS/SCI clearance required
- A minimum of BS/BA with 7 years relevant experience and demonstrated ability (e.g., certificate portfolio) or High School Diploma/GED with 10 or more years relevant experience and demonstrated ability
- Demonstrated ability to work in a challenging DARPA-like environment with Military/Scientific Experts/Seniors
- Strong experience in creative technical illustration and design using traditional and computer based methodology
- Ability to solve/communicate challenging problems depicting visual displays of data and information depicting military scenarios and hardware working in a collaborative environment
- Ability to create animation, videos, internet art, presentation material, and electronic publications
- Web development application or related field and specialized experience in graphic design or equivalent
- Thorough knowledge of the latest applications, design and formats
- DoD experience highly desirable
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.