Senior Systems Engineer
Fort Belvoir, VA /
Mission Support /
Contingent on Contract Award
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum is seeking a qualified Senior Systems Engineer to support the mission of the Product Manager Power Projection Enablers (PdM P2E). The Chief Information Officer of the Army has charged PdM P2E with procuring and installing leading-edge technologies including Command, Control, Communications, Computers and Intelligence (C4I) systems; computer and communication networks; network convergence; cloud computing; cyber security compliance; visual displays; product tools; product architecture; modeling; electro-optics; transport; radio frequency devices; control systems; and instrumentation equipment. Support and services performed under this contract include administration, operations, logistics, engineering, knowledge management, information technology, and program management support to PdM P2E.
- Provide testing support for P2E programs based on hardware, software, firmware, and other media to deliver critical functionality to DoD users.
- Support vendor testing of systems including reviewing test plans, procedures, and reports; witnessing testing; developing test scenarios and scripts; and providing overall test support.
- Perform as a subject matter expert (SME) for network/transport systems, executing site surveys and assisting with planning and implementation of site preparation activities worldwide.
- Research and recommend network and data communications hardware and software.
- Provide documentation and project management support as well as technical expertise in matters of transport, installation and implementation for delivery of global network infrastructure.
- Attend meetings, working groups, design reviews, and technology discussions which will need to be analyzed, filtered, and captured within architecture development initiatives.
- Develop, coordinate and deliver briefings, white papers, working papers, and technical analyses representing the position of P2E mission requirements.
- Active DoD Top Secret security clearance
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or science-related field; preferably a Master’s degree in a science-related field
- 8 years of related experience in requirements analysis, project planning, resource management, risk management, customer relationship management and strategic planning, quality assurance, enterprise-level systems deployment, and federal government security policies
- Cisco certification (CCNP or CCIE), or equivalent
- Possess demonstrated computer/automation experience with a fundamental knowledge of LAN and WAN technologies and Internet protocols
- Ability to perform Quality Assurance (Q/A) functions on behalf of the Government
- Knowledgeable of commercial and military standards and best practices applicable to Army communication sites
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.