Weekend Media Analyst - Department of Veterans Affairs
Washington, DC Metro Area /
Integrated Communications /
Barbaricum supports government clients with Integrated Communications, Mission Support, and Cyber Security/Intelligence. Our passion is innovation and we are committed to client value and effective technical solutions. We are an ISO 9001:2015-certified and CMMI Level 3 appraised, Service-Disabled Veteran-Owned Small Business (SDVOSB) located in Washington, DC. Our mission is to transform the ways the U.S. Government approaches problem sets of increasing complexity by delivering innovative solutions, particularly in support of National Security missions.
Barbaricum is one of the fastest-growing companies in our market. The company is routinely recognized by institutions like Inc. Magazine, GovCon, AMEC, PRSA, and SmartCEO for corporate growth, capabilities, and award-winning client work. Our team is dynamic and agile, providing global support to current missions across five continents. We are also focused on developing and maintaining our vibrant corporate culture, having been recently named a Best Workplace for 2017 by Inc. Magazine.
Barbaricum seeks a reliable Media Analyst to provide traditional and social media monitoring/analysis services to the Department of Veterans Affairs. This individual will utilize open-source research skills to search hundreds of media outlets, identify news stories most important to the client, and compile clips reports and media analysis briefings for early morning delivery. Barbaricum trains analysts on cutting-edge software tools to assist with research in both traditional and social media. Media analysts work independently to manage report production, including formatting, editing, and sending reports/alerts directly to public affairs personnel and senior leadership at the Department of Veterans Affairs.
Note: The position is an overnight position, starting at 11pm.
- BS/BA degree
- Must have demonstrated open-source research skills to search hundreds of media outlets to identify those news articles most important to the client
- Must possess strong writing and editing skills to produce concise summaries of news topics with minimal formatting or grammar errors
- Must be able to work independently with little supervision
- Proven experience analyzing large sets of data and concisely summarizing and relevant reports
- Must be reliable and able to meet firm deadlines for product submission
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment
- Must have fast and reliable internet connection at home workspace to guarantee uninterrupted daily product delivery to the client
- Must be willing to do overnight shift work
- Familiarity with Department of Veterans Affairs policies, procedures and current issues preferred
For more information about Barbaricum, please visit our website at www.barbaricum.com. We will contact candidates directly to schedule interviews. No phone calls please.