At Bare, we're passionate about transforming how the world thinks about death.
Our journey started in 2019 when our founders bonded over the shared experience of arranging a funeral. The more they looked into the industry, the more they realised how outdated it was - resulting in customer experiences that were complicated, expensive, and increasingly less human. From here, our mission to change the narrative around end-of-life was born.
We are now one of Australia’s fastest-growing startups, backed by high-profile investors, with a highly committed and experienced team. Whether it’s arranging a funeral, estate planning, grief support, or doing complex estate administration - we combine empathy with technology to make an end of life simple, transparent, and affordable.
The Role (Marketing Co-ordinator)
Bare is different from your traditional funeral director. We look different, we talk different, what we offer is different. Our marketing team is front and center in delivering this message to all Australians.
To support our growth, we're looking for a marketing coordinator to lead our efforts in non-traditional acquisition channels - sourcing great advertising and sponsorship opportunities, negotiating amazing deals, and working with our in-house creative team to come up with outstanding campaigns appropriate for those channels. Practically - think clever billboard campaigns, smart local sponsorships, opportunistic PR campaigns and many more!
What would you do?
- Work directly with the Head of Growth to develop clear channel strategies for non-digital / non-traditional channels
- Build great relationships with a range of stakeholders to identify mispriced advertising opportunities (local newspapers, bowls clubs, outdoor advertisers, radio stations etc)
- Work with the creative team to come up with campaigns ideas for those opportunities, and support delivery of that creative
- Track the performance of those campaigns, and refine your approach based on success (or failure)
- Take a few risks!
- You have a curious mindset, and you love to test different ideas or ways of doing things
- You're data driven, and you seek to find evidence to back up your decisions
- You're an avid learner, and you'll upskill yourself in areas you're unfamiliar with
- You're a natural people person, and you love getting on the phone and building relationships
- You have a creative side - you can simultaneously identify good media opportunities and what creative might work for that opportunity
- You're passionate about building a career in marketing and startups, and don't mind a bit of hard work
What's in it for you?
- A friendly, supportive environment - people love what they do at Bare
- Amazing opportunities for personal growth and career development (we're growing quickly, and you're joining on the ground floor)
- Above-average remuneration package with performance bonuses
- The opportunity to work with a world-class product and marketing team - from Koala, Atlassian, Red Balloon, CHE, Bain and more
- The ability to make a real difference - we're taking on an industry and we want to leave a dent!
If this role sounds like you, and you’re passionate about what we’re doing, click the apply button to submit your application, including both a CV and a cover letter.