Head of Marketing
At Bare, we're passionate about transforming how the world thinks about death.
Our journey started in 2019 when our founders bonded over the shared experience of arranging a funeral. The more they looked into the industry, the more they realised how out-dated it was - resulting in customer experiences that were complicated, expensive and increasingly less human. From here, our mission to change the narrative around end-of-life was born.
We are now one of Australia’s fastest growing startups, backed by high profile investors, with a highly committed and experienced team. Whether it’s arranging a funeral, estate planning, grief support or doing complex estate administration - we combine empathy with technology to make end of life simple, transparent and affordable.
Bare is not your traditional funeral director. We look different, we talk different, what we offer is different. More broadly, we think there's an opportunity to change the way people think about death, and create a distinct brand for ourselves in the process. We're looking for a Head of Marketing to help us navigate the telling of that story, while leading us through the next stage of growth. Reporting to the founder, and managing a team of 6-8, your role will include end-to-end responsibility for brand strategy, channel definition / management and campaign ideation and delivery. In short, help us grow!
What would you do?
- Build the Brand: work directly with the founders and Head of Creative to define "our place" in the world
- Live the Funnel: live and breath the end-to-end acquisition funnel - optimising budgets, experiences and creative to ensure we're consistently improving all stages of the acquisition funnel
- Manage our Comms: develop integrated communication strategies spanning the entire customer journey across all marketing channels including digital, advertising, PR, events, communications
- Support the Creative Process: work closely with our Head of Creative to deliver new campaigns from inception to completion - research, idea generation, brief writing, execution and delivery
- Build the Team: hire, train and manage a growing marketing team - with a constant focus on lean delivery and feedback loops
- You have 5+ years of experience in a high-growth consumer business (bonus points for challenger brand experience)
- You have a proven track record of building and managing high-performance marketing teams
- You have a strong understanding of digital (facebook, google, YT) and non-digital channels (OOH, radio, TV etc), and how they interact throughout the customer journey (i.e. you know how to spend money!)
- You're an excellent written and verbal communicator, who can act as the custodian of the brand
- You don't mind taking some creative risks - we're not going to be everyone's cup of tea!
- You're passionate about what we do, why we do it, and you want to be part of the ride
What's in it for you?
- A friendly, supportive environment - people love what they do at Bare
- A leadership role in an incredibly fast-growing startup, with the ability to genuinely disrupt an industry (that desperately needs it)
- The ability to hire your own team - build the marketing team from the ground up and put your stamp on the organisation
- True working flexibility - work from home, the office or a combination of both (plus - have the autonomy to setup whatever model you like with your team)
- Above average remuneration package with performance bonuses and options available
- The ability to make a real difference - we're taking on an industry and we want to leave a dent!
If this role sounds like you, and you’re passionate about what we’re doing, click the apply button to submit your application, including both a CV and a cover letter.