New York City
Senior Strategist / Atmosphere Proximity
Who We Are
Situated in New York, Atmosphere Proximity is a full-service, data-driven agency that is part of the Proximity network and the Omnicom Precision Marketing Group. We recognize that today the customer experience IS the brand, so we help clients apply a systems-driven approach to how they craft brands and create experiences.
The Senior Strategist Role
We are looking for a senior strategist to help us bridge our planning, insight and experience disciplines in order to deliver brand strategies, insights, digital products and communications.
What We’re Look For
The world of advertising is becoming more complex, so we are looking for an all-rounder who isn’t afraid to branch out into new territories and get their hands dirty. How you think:
You keep an open mind, but can also spot bias in your own thinking. You balance creativity with action.
You like to spot patterns and find unusual connections across domains, spotting opportunities. You can wade through large amounts of information to find what’s important.
You take a structured approach to discover the root causes and reasons behind trends, and why they move in different directions.
You can develop theories or insights, and form an opinion about a topic. You can then argue the case for your reasoning.
When new information comes in, you are not afraid to change your position or update your predictions.
You can distill down a theory or insight into simple and powerful communications that can be transferred to other stakeholders.
You are able to reflect on your previous predictions, actions or mistakes, and update your mental models and approach.
What You Will Be Doing
We are a smaller, scrappier team in a growing network, so your day to day will be multifunctional and evolving. We dip into traditional brand communication, web platform design, experience design and product design across a range of B2B and B2C clients. Each week you could be involved in:
- Work with the Strategy Director, UX leads or Creative Teams to develop vision / strategy artifacts to answer key client problems
- Conduct research, interview stakeholders, or map up design explorations based on user research
- Hunt for trends or insights using a range of tools and platforms at your disposal
- Create documents to align stakeholders, be it a traditional brief or service design map
- Provide guidance and opinion to shape ideas or products through the lifecycle of delivery
- Create strong communication artifacts that simplify complexity and communicate vision
- Help to pitch new clients, and evolve the agency
- Partner with clients to embrace complexity, solve for simplicity, and design for outcome