Front-End Developer, Barefoot Proximity
We are designing world class web experiences for global brands and we need an additional developer to help bring them to life. As a digital marketing agency, our background is steeped in award-winning design, but the best designs are nothing if people can’t experience them. Barefoot Proximity has a team of in-house and off-shore developers that bring these designs to life and we have an opening in our Cincinnati office for a Front-End Developer with React experience. If you have a passion for creating exceptional experiences for web and mobile applications, we want to hear from you.
Does this describe you?
· You have 5+ years’ experience with web application development including server-side
· You are equally comfortable working with client-side code and server-side code, but have a preference for front-end
· You have experience working with an advertising agency or creative professionals
· You are comfortable working with a geographically-distributed team (onshore and offshore)
· You love your Mac and wouldn’t ever consider a position that asked you to work on a PC.
· You have experience working with enterprise clients and appreciate the constraints they face, but are eager to help them embrace the efficiencies of the open-source world.
· You are driven to optimization in your workflow and your code
· You embrace processes and accountability, but are willing to jump in and do what needs to be done to keep things moving
· You are comfortable giving and receiving feedback through daily code reviews
· Security is something you embrace, not work around
· The desire to figure out how things work and make them better is part of who you are
· Even though you would rather not, you are able to jump in and do WordPress work when required
· The idea of working without the safety net of Git gives you the chills
· You have a history of being self-motivated in a fast-moving, small, distributed, team environment that works in a deadline oriented industry
Skills needed to earn this position:
· Experience with Mobile Development frameworks like Cordova, Ionic and React Native is a plus
· An expert understanding of HTML5 and CSS3
· Experience with Git is required including a GitHub profile
· Experience with pre-processors such as Babel, SASS, HAML or Jade is preferred
· Experience with Ruby and Rails is a plus
· Familiarity with agile tools, such as Pivotal Tracker or Jira is a plus
· Flexibility to change approaches and projects as required
Living in, or a willingness to move to Cincinnati is a plus but remote work would be considered for the right candidate. Please include the link to your GitHub profile when you apply.