Executive Assistant / Operations Assistant
The Executive Assistant provides executive support to ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day administrative operations for the office of the Global Chairman, CEO and several other Executive leaders within the office for Barefoot Proximity and Proximity Worldwide. The ideal individual will have the ability to exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to work independently on projects, from conception to completion, and must be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. Given the global nature of this role the Executive Assistant will be expected to be accessible and able to troubleshoot / problem solve outside of normal business hours as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including: managing an active calendar of meetings and appointments; completing expense reports; composing and preparing correspondence; arranging complex and detailed international travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling and distributing documents for travel-related meetings.
· Plans, coordinates and ensures schedules are followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations.
· Plans and coordinates meetings ensuring appropriate accommodations and amenities as needed / desired.
· Works closely and effectively with the Chairman to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping the Chairman updated.
· Builds and maintains relationships crucial to success of the organization.
· Drafts / edits internal and external correspondence as needed.
· Ad-hoc project support as needed (e.g., research, information gathering, building presentations / spreadsheets, etc.)
· Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
Senior Management Liaison
· Supports the Proximity Worldwide Executive Team by scheduling meetings, coordinating meeting agendas, preparing and distributing meeting notes / summaries and following up on action items.
· Possess the skills, knowledge and experience required to perform position duties in a competent, efficient and effective manner.
· Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive, productive relationships with team members and key stakeholders
· Keen ability to anticipate and proactively address needs
· Excellent oral and written communications skills including listening well to others
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
· Excellent time and energy management skills
· Proactive approach to problem solving, demonstrating sound judgment and a strong bias for action
· Reliable and responsive; consistent and timely follow up and follow through
· Ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects and work independently in a fast-paced environment and with minimal oversight
· Intellectually curious and willing to learn new things
· Brings a positive attitude and emotional maturity to the role
· Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and be adaptable to various competing demands
· Willingness to assist with personal tasks / errands as needed
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5+ years experience supporting C-level executives, preferably in the marketing, advertising, consulting space
· Comfortable with technology and proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and Internet research tools