Executive Assistant, Atmosphere Proximity
New York City
Role: The Executive Assistant provides executive support to the NY office leader to ensure the smooth and efficient day-to-day administrative operations for Atmosphere Proximity’s NY-based team. The ideal individual will exercise good judgment in a variety of situations, with strong written and verbal communication, administrative, and organizational skills, and the ability to maintain a realistic balance among multiple priorities. The Executive Assistant will have the ability to anticipate and proactively address needs, work independently on projects from conception to completion, and be able to work under pressure at times to handle a wide variety of activities and confidential matters with discretion. Given the nature of this role the Executive Assistant will be expected to be accessible and able to troubleshoot / problem solve outside of normal business hours as needed.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
· Completes a broad variety of administrative tasks including managing an active calendar of meetings and appointments; completing expense reports and timesheets; composing and preparing correspondence as needed; arranging travel plans, itineraries, and agendas; and compiling and distributing documents for meetings.
· Plans, coordinates and ensures office lead’s schedule is followed and respected. Provides "gatekeeper" and "gateway" role, creating win-win situations for direct access to office lead’s time.
· Plans and coordinates meetings ensuring appropriate accommodations and amenities as needed / desired.
· Works closely and effectively with office lead to keep him well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities, following up appropriately. Acts as a "barometer," having a sense for the issues taking place in the environment and keeping office lead updated.
· Builds and maintains relationships crucial to the success of the office lead and the organization.
· Drafts / edits internal and external correspondence as needed.
· Ad-hoc project support as needed (e.g., research, information gathering, building presentations / spreadsheets, etc.)
· Prioritizes conflicting needs; handles matters expeditiously, proactively, and follows-through on projects to successful completion, often with deadline pressures.
· Possess the skills, knowledge and experience required to perform position duties in a competent, efficient and effective manner.
· Very strong interpersonal skills and the ability to build positive, productive relationships with team members and key stakeholders
· Keen ability to anticipate and proactively address needs
· Excellent oral and written communications skills including listening well to others
· Detail oriented with strong organizational skills
· Excellent time and energy management skills
· Proactive approach to problem solving, demonstrating sound judgment and a strong bias for action
· Reliable and responsive; consistent and timely follow up and follow through
· Ability to meet deadlines, juggle multiple projects and work independently in a fast-paced environment and with minimal oversight
· Intellectually curious and willing to learn new things
· Brings a positive attitude and emotional maturity to the role
· Proven ability to handle confidential information with discretion and be adaptable to variouscompeting demands
· Willingness to assist with personal tasks / errands as needed
Education and Experience Requirements
· Bachelor’s degree required
· 5+ years experience supporting C-level executives, preferably in the marketing, advertising, consulting space
· Comfortable with technology and proficiency with Microsoft Office tools (Outlook, Word, Excel and Powerpoint) and Internet research tools