What is Barefoot Proximity?
We're a leading marketing and advertising agency, serving a wide range of clients from Fortune 10 companies to local nonprofits. We're a full-service data-driven team, delivering world-class strategic, creative, technology, and analytics solutions that help solve our clients' business challenges.
Join us to have the opportunity to work with 200 people in the US, and another 2,000 team members in 25 offices around the world.
What is Strategic Planning?
Proximity's Strategy team is a world class group of strategists who come from a range of research and editorial backgrounds. Strategists gather and interpret behavioral and trend data to help develop brand strategies, insights and communication ideas for our clients. They combine their raw curiosity with an ability to synthesize various sources of data to help understand the “why” behind the “what” to build toward the “so what.”
Members of the Strategy Team have deep expertise in conducting primary and secondary research, digital strategy development, insight creation, and a foundational understanding of search, social, and other channels. Ideal candidates tend to have relevant experience in one or more of these areas. Those who excel on our team tend to be problem solvers, doers, leaders and agile employees.
Through extensive research, Associate Strategists support the work by finding answers to important business questions for Proximity’s current and/or potential clients. This role will require the ability to work as an individual and alongside other teams, including Account, Creative, Channel Integration and UX. The Associate Strategist will have the opportunity to influence work from the start, as they help uncover insights about our brands' niche consumer segments.
- Display strong research skills and gathers inputs from multiple quantitative and qualitative data sources.
- Support client strategy workshops and other critical discovery meetings.
- Perform consumer and competitive research to understand our clients’ landscape, target audience behaviors, and KPIs.
- Perform audits to analyze digital experiences for content, social, CRM and media.
- Create industry and competitive landscape reports.
- Support creation of digital brand strategies.
- Conduct consumer interviews; transcribe interview notes and synthesizing feedback.
- Distill insights that can lead inspiring briefs for strong, creative ideas.
- Invest time in understanding clients’ businesses - their consumers, their technologies, touch-points, business models and industry practices.
- Basic understanding of the role that search, social and other media channels play in a consumer journey in order to collaborate with our partners on the Channel Integration team.
- Work to find patterns and rationale to explain connections between Strategy’s consumer research and performance data from Channel Integration.
- Experience in the digital space and a passion for how it can drive business for clients
- The ability to sift through large amounts of information to find the details that truly matter to consumers and the client
- A background in and passion for research
- Ability to quickly learn to use new research tools and services effectively (familiarity of Global Web Index, Statista or Qualtrics would be beneficial, but not required)
- Often asks “why” and is always eager to dig in and find the answer to a question
- A hand-raiser who is eager to jump in to a variety of projects and often pivot focus areas
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work well and collaborate with others
- A results-oriented outlook with the ability to prioritize and deliver on key initiatives
- A fun, positive team player
- Excellent verbal, written, and presentation skills
- Bachelor’s degree in Psychology, Sociology, Journalism, Economics, Social Sciences, Marketing, Marketing Communications or Business
- Several examples of experience within behavioral science, consumer insights, digital/content strategy (internships and/or relevant academic courses do apply)