Front-End Visual Developer
HTML and CSS – they aren’t a necessary evil that a front-end developer has to suffer through. At Barefoot Proximity, they are valued skills on equal footing with all other aspects of application development. As an advertising agency, design is in our DNA. We love our Macs. In fact, the only PC’s in our office are the loaners from our clients. Our attention to detail and passion for design have led us to appreciate that a well-executed visual design can contribute as much to the overall success of a project as any query optimization or well-implemented API.
We have an opening in our Cincinnati office for a Front-End Visual Developer to join our team. You have the opportunity to be a part of a growing company that is a part of BBDO, the most awarded creative and effective agency network in the world. If you have a passion for creating polished front-end experiences for web applications and mobile apps, we want to hear from you.
Does this describe you?
- You have 5-8 years’ experience with front-end development with a minimum of 3 year
- You have experience working with an advertising agency
- You have a background or even degree in visual design
- You love your Mac and wouldn’t ever consider a position that asked you to work on a PC
- The desire to figure out how things work and make them better is part of who you are
- The idea of working without the safety net of Git gives you the chills
- You have a history of being self-motivated in a fast-moving, small, distributed, team environment that works in a deadline oriented industry
Skills needed to earn this position:
- An in-depth understanding of HTML5 and CSS3 – not just the common stuff everyone uses
- A thorough understanding of component design systems including Atomic is required
- A track record of producing high-quality code that works on all the popular browsers
- Experience with Git is required including an established GitHub profile or equivalent
- Experience with Node Packages for front-end dependencies and workflows is required
- Experience with SCSS and SASS is required
- Experience with other pre-processors such as HAML or Jade is preferred
- Familiarity with other server-side technologies, especially .NET and Ruby (Rails, Sinatra, Middleman, etc.) is a plus
- Familiarity with enterprise CMS platforms including Sitecore, Sitefinity or Drupal is a plus
- Experience with Storybook.js is a plus
- Familiarity with agile tools, such as Jira is a plus
- Flexibility to change approaches and projects as required
Living in Cincinnati is a plus but remote work would be considered for the right candidate. Please include the link to your GitHub profile and the URL for 2-3 web sites were you were the primary front-end developer for the site when you apply.