Pittsburgh, PA /
At BarkleyREI, we understand that effective and memorable digital experiences occur at the intersection of User Experience, Visual Design and Content Strategy. If you are passionate about the creation of purposeful digital experiences, then you’re in the right place. We are searching for a Content Strategist to join our growing Experience Design Team in Pittsburgh, PA.
The ideal candidate understands the importance of the content lifecycle in the digital space, how it supports user need, and how it compliments and communicates brand purpose. The ideal candidate is a perfect blend of strategist and storyteller, and will be responsible for developing comprehensive digital content strategies for a variety of clients.
- As part of the Experience Design Team you will work alongside Information Architects, UX Designers, Content Strategists, Writers & Visual Designers in addition to Client Service, Development and Digital Marketing teams to ensure the successful integration of content strategy throughout every facet of every project.
- Collaborate closely with clients at the forefront of every project to identify content-related criteria, including gaps, needs, authors, requirements, sources, limitations, creation feasibility, risks and success factors for all projects.
- Perform various content audits, gap analysis, ROT analysis, competitive analysis, content inventories & assessments to inform strategic recommendations for the planning, creation, distribution and governance of content.
- Create various formal or informal artifacts including but not limited to spreadsheets, text documents, content outlines/matrices, taxonomies/labeling, and content mapping documentation.
- Create taxonomies and metadata frameworks for labeling, grouping and effectively tagging content.
- Create comprehensive digital content strategies to support web and digital marketing projects that balance user need with the client’s business objectives.
- Clearly and effectively present strategic recommendations to internal teams and clients both in-person and remote as necessary.
- Effectively rationalize content choices based on clear logic and data.
- Support the writing of various styles of copy that appeal to different target audiences across multiple industries by tailoring the style, voice and tone appropriately to support a client’s brand and business objectives through creative copywriting, content writing, technical writing, and UX writing. (Persuade, Influence, Inform, Entertain, Etc.)
- Collaborate closely with clients to effectively acquire, prepare, migrate and format all content into various Content Management Systems.
- Responsible for the set-up of complex site structures and the accompanying page templates within various Content Management Systems.
- Successfully inform, educate and guide content authors long after the completion of the project by developing Content Outlines, Style Guides, Page Templates, Editorial Calendars, Training Materials, Governance Plans and Workflows.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A. or B.S.) in Marketing, Communications, English, Writing, or other equivalent.
- Background in writing with a minimum of 4 years experience in either content writing, creative copywriting or content strategy for web.
- Versatile writing abilities to include creative copywriting, SEO content writing, technical writing and UX writing.
- Excellent writing, interpersonal, communication, presentation skills. ● Solid understanding of analytics, keywords, metadata, and accessibility standards.
- Impeccable attention to detail and strong problem-solving skills.
- Ability to pivot quickly from high level strategic thinking to tactical execution.
- Up to date knowledge of web design, digital marketing and content trends, techniques and tools.
- Extremely outgoing, personable, and positive attitude toward colleagues and clients.
- Driven to learn new skills and share knowledge with other teammates.
- Strong portfolio of work that demonstrates an in-depth knowledge of content strategy, and how you have successfully implemented it for clients. (Approach, Methodology & Processes)
Barkley’s Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
- We believe being radically diverse and inclusive is the key to becoming one of the world’s great creative idea companies. By embracing everything that makes our partners who they are and what makes them unique to the world around them, we create the conditions and capacity to help creative, original thinking thrive.
- Barkley is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging as part of our corporate strategic goals, supported by a formal DEI+B program, Employee Resource Groups, Director of Diversity leadership and agency commitment to The Brand Lab.