Kansas City, MO
Here’s the deal, we’ve got a talented Art Director who needs a writer-partner. To get this job you should have a few years’ experience and some smart work. You’ll be working on TV (yes, for real TV), social campaigns and other advertising things, so showing off your TV, social and other things in your book would help you land the position. In addition to coming up with great ideas, we also like our writers to be able to write clever headlines and sharp copy, so you’ll want some of that on your site too.
- Gain a thorough understanding of the client’s business and industry.
- Develop creative strategies and ideas that are innovative and that sell.
- Concept and execute advertising consistent with the agreed-upon strategy.
- Develop original visual concepts.
- Seek out and work with outside suppliers (photographers, illustrators, etc.) and work closely with broadcast and print productions to accurately estimate and produce work.
- Under the direction of the Creative Director, see all work through completion on time and on budget.
- Work productively and harmoniously as a teammate with Art Directors and producers who share responsibility on a given product.
- Present creative materials to clients, as needed.
- Review proofs, rough cuts, etc. for accuracy before final production.
- Demonstrated ability to think creatively and provide marketable solutions in conceiving, developing, and producing tactics.
- Bachelor’s degree or industry equivalent years of experience required
- Up to 4 years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
A workplace environment that is truly diverse is built with characteristics, skills and experiences of all partners. Diversity is defined in many ways: gender, race, ancestry, language, age, sexual orientation, religion, socio-economic status, disability, thinking styles, opinions and life experiences. Barkley values diversity at all levels in the company and believes that by continuing to foster and build a diverse environment, our organization becomes more creative, flexible and productive team.