Pittsburgh, PA /
The Technical Director is responsible and owns the technical product the agency produces. In doing so, this person leads the technical team at BarkleyREI and is responsible for overseeing and directing engineering services to various groups and stakeholders within the organization. A primary focus of this role is interfacing with prospective clients and current clients and collaborating with internal teams to understand their needs and requirements and translate those needs into detailed technical specifications.
The right candidate must be an effective leader with great communications skills. They must possess a keen understanding of modern web technologies and how they can be applied to solve business problems. They must be able to motivate others to perform at their best and encourage teamwork and collaboration.
- Develop technical specifications and architectural requirements for team members and client stakeholders.
- Create and foster a culture of creativity, innovation, productivity and collaboration.
- Motivate team members to do the best work of their career.
- Recruit, manage and mentor cross functional technical teams.
- Provide engineering services to various groups and stakeholders.
- Possess a strong sense of ownership and responsibility for the teams workInform and evangelize the teams capabilities to others within the organization.
- Promote and preach best practices, patterns and high standards.
- Encourage open communications, coordination and process improvements.
- Develop career paths, perform evaluations, provide feedback and professional advice, assess retention risks.
- Provide technical advice, guidance and recommendations to clients, stakeholders and other business leaders.
- Participate in new business efforts, sales pitches, proposals, estimations, SOWs and contract negotiations.
- Negotiate and overcome impediments to productivity and teamwork.
- Evaluate team contributions, establish objective measures and performance indicators.
- Forecast, secure and manage budgets to support development efforts and initiatives.
- Guide R&D efforts, analyze new techniques and technologies, facilitate knowledge sharing.
- 10+ years experience managing technical teams.
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science or IT.
- Track record of achieving business goals with technology.
- Experience hiring and retaining technical talent.
- Effective communications skills.
- Preference for hands-on experience.
- Preference for consulting / agency experience
- Experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud/Salesforce CRM
Barkley’s Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion
- We believe being radically diverse and inclusive is the key to becoming one of the world’s great creative idea companies. By embracing everything that makes our partners who they are and what makes them unique to the world around them, we create the conditions and capacity to help creative, original thinking thrive.
- Barkley is committed to Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Belonging as part of our corporate strategic goals, supported by a formal DEI+B program, Employee Resource Groups, Director of Diversity leadership and agency commitment to The Brand Lab.