Senior User Experience Strategist
BarkleyREI is looking for a senior user experience strategist to join our growing digital design and marketing agency. The ideal candidate is an intellectually curious individual that enjoys working in a fast-paced environment on a variety of Web and product development projects.
This person will be part of a collaborative, multi-disciplinary project team working directly with clients and users to create user centered websites and web applications.
- Conduct user research, including but not limited to informational interviews, focus groups and surveys.
- Translate user input and goals into formal or informal documentation such as user profiles, user flows or personas.
- Assist with development of digital strategy.
- Develop architectures and interaction methods that contribute to a positive, interesting, and purposeful user experience.
- Create information architecture documentation or artifacts such as content outlines/matrices, sitemaps and flows, navigation structures, taxonomies and labeling.
- Collaborate with Content Strategists to ensure appropriate content is presented to the end user in a coherent, organized, and usable fashion.
- Create interface design documentation such as wireframes, paper prototypes and functional requirements.
- Work with visual designers to ensure user experience requirements are accurately captured.
- Work with front-end and back-end developers to ensure feasibility of the full experience.
- Utilize Human-Centered Design methodologies to help clients solve problems and innovate.
- Act as an advocate for the user.
- Plan and conduct usability testing and site-tree testing. Report findings and provide recommendations.
- Facilitate Design Thinking workshops both internally and with client stakeholders.
- Mentor younger members of the Experience Design Team
- Reports to the VP/Executive Design Director
- Bachelor’s degree from a four-year college or university or equivalent
- 6+ years of experience in the industry is preferred.
- Online portfolio or relevant work samples required.
- Strong knowledge of user-centered design principles and usability assessment methods
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Agency experience a plus
- Comfortable speaking and presenting to various audiences including C-suite executives.