Account Director - Future Opportunity
Client Services Team /
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency founded in 2006. We are a remote-first team with members across the world and an office in New York City.
We partner with the world’s most loved brands to scale and optimize their direct-to-consumer (DTC) businesses through brand, UX/design, technology/development, CRM/email, and marketing strategy.
Barrel specializes in the Fashion & Apparel, CPG Food & Beverage, Beauty & Skincare and Home Goods verticals. Past and current clients include L’Oreal Paris, Gap, SmartyPants Vitamins, Rowing Blazers, Barry’s, & ScottsMiracle-Gro.
At Barrel, the Account Director is responsible for overseeing day-to-day operations of an assigned account(s), often with support from an Account Manager. Responsibilities for this particular role will have an emphasis on cross-channel project management across various phases of strategy, creative and development.
• Lead the day-to-day operations of a client account(s), with minimal direction and oversight from Director
• Create and present marketing plans, strategies, and proactive ideas to help clients achieve goals, secure and expand agency relationships, and grow agency billings.
• Prepare and update project briefs, timelines, status reports, conference reports, and other supporting materials
• Effectively lead client meetings and internal meetings (e.g. status meetings, project kickoffs, etc.), making important, relevant contributions, and generating workable conclusions
• Review all agency deliverables to ensure they meet client strategy and expectations
• Lead development of project estimates, scopes and staffing plans
• Determine client pricing strategies and conducts retainer negotiations (where applicable)
• Oversee account profitability and recommend account changes and/or identify opportunities to meet or exceed revenue goals
• Stay alert for new opportunities to grow existing client business and agency billings
• Receive client feedback on agency performance and recommends action to improve or maintain client satisfaction
• Ensure account team follows both client and agency processes
• Build a strong knowledge of client brand and industry, conducting industry research, competitive analysis and/or other research tasks as assigned by supervisor
• Participate in net new business initiatives, including proposals and pitches, as assigned by Director
• Organize and maintain all project files on the server and within project management tools
• Handle other duties as assigned by Director
- Proven experience managing digital projects from planning through execution
- Excellent verbal, written, presentation and interpersonal communication skills
- Ability to adjust to rapidly changing priorities and succeed in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to apply common sense understanding in order to carry out detailed instructions, and to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables
- Self-motivated and detail-oriented
- Level-headed and positive under pressure
- Naturally curious and highly proactive, with a passion for learning new skills
- Strong web and Mac desktop skills – we use Microsoft Office, Slack, Google Docs, and various web-based tools such as Harvest, and Asana and Pitch
- Bachelor's degree in Advertising, Marketing or similar discipline
- 7-10 years of account management experience in the advertising/marketing industry
- Digital experience strongly preferred
As a full-time member of the Barrel team, we offer the following benefits:
- Remote Work
- Competitive Salary
- Health/dental/vision coverage
- Paid vacation
- Half-day Fridays all year round
- Remote home setup stipend
- 401k match
- Professional development stipend
Most importantly, we work on projects that truly impact our clients’ businesses and attract team members who love to be challenged with tough problems and fast-paced work.
Barrel is proud to be an equal opportunity employer dedicated to pursuing and hiring a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, culture, ethnicity, sex, gender identity and expression, nation of origin, age, veteran’s status, religion, disability, sexual orientation, appearance, opinions, beliefs and more.