Design Intern (12 Week Program)
Design Team /
Barrel is a creative and digital marketing agency that works with exciting lifestyle brands such as KIND Snacks, Peloton, Wanderlust, and Sakara Life. We design and develop user experience solutions and help clients navigate marketing challenges. Founded in 2006, we are based in New York City and Los Angeles.
We are looking for a Design Intern to join our Design team. This is a paid 12-week full-time program. As a design intern, you will work alongside our team members and build experience on projects like content creation for social campaigns, website redesigns, and email marketing campaigns. You will receive guidance and feedback along the way and also have various opportunities to contribute during creative brainstorming sessions. You are not required to be on-site for this internship as we are a remote-first team with members of the team located around the world.
As a team, we value continuous growth and learning, a team-first mentality, focus & discipline, and a positive attitude. No matter your level of skill, we look first and foremost for cultural fit.
- Experience: Previous design internship experience is a plus. Good eye for layout, color and typography. Has a good understanding of web design principles.
- Creativity: Has the ability to work within an existing design system and also contribute fresh ideas and new approaches/insight to challenges.
- Positive Attitude: Enthusiastic and able to contribute at any given stage throughout the process. Actively takes the lead on a given task and can pitch in wherever help is needed.
- Flexibility: Eager and open to learning new software and trying new design techniques. Shows initiative to understand new processes.
- Communication: Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Able to confidently express ideas and also knows when to listen.
- Proactive: Independently schedules design reviews and actively participates when relevant in internal and client-facing meetings.
- Skills: Comfortable working in the Adobe Suite. Working knowledge of HTML/CSS preferred but not required (our designers are not expected to build websites).
- Growth: Consistently seeks out answers to questions and initiates independent research to overcome challenges. Always goes the extra mile to educate self when working in new spaces.
- Time Management: Excellent organizational and time management skills.
To apply, please fill out our online application form below. We will not accept applications that do not come through the online application form.