Operations Associate, Old Row
New York /
Commerce – Old Row /
We are looking for an Operations Associate for Old Row’s Commerce Team located in New York, NY. The Operations Associate is responsible for coordinating with our 3PL partners on a day to day basis, working closely with wholesale to support the growing business, helping to manage the direct to consumer channel, among other initiatives.
- Manage Old Row’s day-to-day operations with our 3PL partners.
- Ensure customer orders are delivered within the defined metrics.
- Gather and process routing guide information for retail customers, communicate instructions to 3PL to ensure retail compliance.
- Communicate necessary information back to retail partners on shipping lead times and inventory availability.
- Collaborate with Finance on forecasting, inventory management, and general confirmation on operational expenses.
- Manage the invoicing process closely with Finance, Accounting, Wholesale, and each respective Retailer through invoice creation, transmission, & collection to ensure accuracy and prompt processing
- Track inventory, sales, and upcoming promotional events to identify out of stock risks and ensure product re-orders are placed in a timely manner.
- Ensure products and systems are set up operationally for success.
- Identify areas of operational improvement and cost savings.
- Coordinate with Old Row’s partners to identify and clean up backorder reports daily.
- Proactively streamline and improve processes as necessary to maintain operational efficiencies.
- Contribute to high-level strategic decisions with the rest of the team.
Qualifications & Requirements
- Understanding of following routing guides and working with retailers (both e-commerce and brick and mortar) to deliver products for their distribution.
- 3+ years of working in an operational role liaising with third party logistics companies and/or warehouses.
- Understanding of the e-commerce environment and experience working with eCommerce software (preferably Shopify)
- Ability to quickly analyze & summarize data and draw conclusions/recommendations.
- Must be able to multi-task with direction from multiple business owners.
- Self-starter with ability to proactively identify issues and provide solutions.
- Great critical thinking skills to handle issues before they even arise.
- Excellent communication skills - you must be able to clearly articulate your needs or questions.