SEM/PPC Marketing Manager
Toronto / New York City
Baselane is a rapidly growing banking and financial management platform for individual landlords and real estate investors. We are backed by leading FinTech investors, including Matrix Partners, Activant Capital, Collaborative Fund, Conversion Capital, Diagram Ventures, ThomVest, and many FinTech leaders from PayPal, eBay, Google, and more.
We are building the future of financial services for the 12+ million individual landlords and real estate investors who own over 25 million homes in the United States. Our mission is to empower landlords with financial services, automated tools, and actionable insights to help them save time, increase their returns, and grow their investment portfolios.
We are a seasoned team with deep experience in financial services and technology. We have previously worked at companies including The Boston Consulting Group, Morgan Stanley, Plaid, Harry’s, Better, WealthSimple, RBC Ventures, Affirm, NorthOne, RazorPay, and more.
Learn more at baselane.com.
About the Role
Baselane is looking for a SEM/PPC Marketing Manager to manage and grow our performance marketing program and help drive new customers to Baselane. You’ll work directly with an experienced performance marketing team supporting creative, analytical, and technical resources to deliver on ambitious growth goals. This is a key role where you will be uniquely positioned to impact Baselane’s growth by building and scaling some of the company’s fastest-growing channels. Deep knowledge of Google Ads and similar PPC platforms is required.
What you’ll do
- Manage the day-to-day in-platform campaign optimizations across SEM/PPC paid acquisition channels (Google, Bing, Apple) to support sustainable acquisition.
- Optimize campaign structure, bidding strategy, and audiences to enable profitable scale.
- Develop testing approach to identify efficiency, incrementality, and scalability and improve conversion.
- Conduct keyword research and competitive research to identify opportunities for expansion.
- Partner with SEO team to maximize impact across paid and organic search
- Analyze channel, campaign, ad group and creative performance to translate data into actionable insights and recommendations to achieve goals.
- Work with media partners to develop campaign/audience/creative strategies to strengthen impact on each channel.
- Partner with analytics and technical teams to ensure data integrations between the ad platforms and our internal systems are robust and resilient.
- Regularly communicate insights and trends in the SEM landscape to the broader growth organization.
- Work closely with account reps to stay abreast of best practices, competitive landscape and new/beta opportunities
- Contribute to monthly marketing budget planning and strategy initiatives.
Qualifications / Skills
- 3-5 years of experience in performance marketing or paid media with an emphasis on SEM.
- In-platform experience managing scaling and optimizing paid search channels at a B2B, B2C, marketplace, or ad agency, with accountability for performance metrics like CPA, ROAS, and LTV.
- Strong project management skills, including managing programs end-to-end and prioritizing competing workstreams.
- Proficiency in marketing tech solutions such as pixels, tracking, web analytics, SEMRush, Segment, Google Tag Manager, and Google Analytics.
- Experience working on CRO across campaigns, ad groups and landing pages
- Ability to build reports and draw key insights from quantitative and qualitative data.
- Strong data and analytical skills. Ability to synthesize large amounts of data and translate into actionable insights
- Able to work independently and meet deadlines
Preferred Skills & Experience
- Experience in fintech, banking, real estate, or financial services industry.
- Growth hacking mindset.
- Deep experience with paid campaign tools, including Google Ads, Bing Ads, Reddit Ads, Apple Ads
- Ability to roll up your sleeves and get stuff done with high-growth start-up experience
Benefits & Perks
- Competitive compensation
- Equity - Ownership in what we are building!
- High-quality Medical, Vision, and Dental Insurance
- Life Insurance and Disability Coverage
- Generous time off
- Flexible working hours and location
- Remote working stipend to set up a home office
- Regular social events