Philadelphia Territory Sales Representative
JOB TITLE: Territory Representative – Philadelphia, PA
Area Covered: Philadelphia, Montgomery County, Delaware County, Chester County, Bucks County, & Lehigh County
Basemakers is seeking a high-performing sales rep in the Philadelphia area to join our elite, INC 500 team. The ideal candidate will be self-motivated, competitive, team-oriented, and teachable. Most importantly, they will operate with the utmost integrity! If you do not meet these five criteria then please do not apply.
Our new Mid-Atlantic team member will represent a portfolio of some of the hottest new food and beverage brands. His/her main responsibility will be to develop relationships with local grocery store managers in efforts to increase the sales velocity of their portfolio in every account. The role will entail visiting approx. 8-10 grocery stores per day, merchandising our brands and using salesmanship to improve the in-store presence of each of those brands.
This is an important role and we’re looking for a candidate that loves tackling new challenges! We’re a tight-knit team and we love what we do. If you’re interested in working with us, please attach a resume and cover letter. In your cover letter, please provide a couple of paragraphs explaining how your experience is relevant to this role and why you’d like to be part of this team. We want to get a feel for your personality and style as we look towards bringing on a new team member.
Competitive base salary including vehicle allowance and performance-based incentives.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop and maintain an organized list of key accounts based on portfolio needs in the respective territory.
- Spend 100% of the time in the field, merchandising and selling at accounts for our brand portfolio
- Improve the in-store presence of our portfolio by way of:
- Secondary/Tertiary placements
- Off-shelf placements
- Call on key accounts on an ongoing basis to review in-store priorities
- Enhance the business by gaining new points of distribution in store
- Educate store managers on proper and effective merchandising:
- Proper shelf management positions
- Rack, equipment, and POS placements
- Strong customer service, interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Creative presentation/public speaking and premium selling skills are a must
- Innovative and creativity in approaching accounts and expanding business
- Ability to formulate account strategies and execute against them
- Track record of success in a highly self-directed environment
- Maintain a high level of communication across the team
- Achieve monthly key performance indicators (KPI’s) set by Regional Sales Manager
- Professional demeanor in working with coworkers, distributors, retail reps and consumers
- Must have valid driver's license and own vehicle to travel and transport promotional merchandise and minimal product quantities between accounts within assigned territory
- Must have a clean driving record, registration, and insurance.
- Must be able to use basic features in MS Office Suite (Outlook, Excel, Word, PowerPoint)
Physical Work Environment:
- Reach with hands and arms
- Regularly Lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Occasionally stand and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl
Basemakers is an INC 500 outsourced field sales company focused on high quality, high impact in-store presence. We work with top-performing beverage and snack brands and are very selective with who we represent.
Basemakers prides itself on providing a great work environment for those seeking to join an ambitious and entrepreneurial team. This environment provides the opportunity to develop yourself while making an impact on a growing company.