Community Operations Manager
(Reports to Vice President of Community and Customer Success)
Basket’s Commerce Moderators (CMs) are the foundation of our continued success. Every day, they hustle to secure critical pricing data for us that helps us better serve B2B customers and American shoppers. As our Community Operations Manager you will attract, engage and retain our scanner community nationwide. You will help build our community operations function from the ground up, setting strategy and then following with implementation. The following responsibilities outline the current responsibilities of this role.
In this role, you will be a partner to the VP of Community, providing ongoing strategic input and driving the execution of key programs that serve our community of Basket scanners, impacting hundreds of people every day. You will play a critical role right here at Basket HQ, helping to create a magical, “I love Basket so much (ILBSM)” experience for our community of scanners nationwide.
Recruiting, Onboarding and Training
- Manage national recruiting program and strategy to attract CMs in certain geographic regions, as determined in coordination with Customer Success team.
- Provide strategy and oversight for onboarding of new CMs to Basket and contractor management system Paycom. Serve as primary administrator of Paycom platform.
- Update existing and develop new training materials for new scanners to enhance work quality and retention.
Retention and Loyalty
- Manage community loyalty program, monitoring CM performance in order to determine incentives and areas for performance improvement (e.g. training).
- Celebrate performance growth and send messages and swag to those who achieve new levels.
- Identify, maintain and manage shipping of appropriate creative rewards.
- Work with VP, Community to develop impact/inspire messaging platform to instill a higher sense of purpose and intrinsic value to the community.
Community Engagement and Communications
- Oversee and standardize CM communications and support across all channels. Standardize processes for content development, posting, review and approvals.
- Develop and manage communications calendar for CMs. Manage MailChimp platform to ensure consistency, timeliness, and effectiveness of every touchpoint.
- Develop new and updated CM collateral and FAQs, as needed.
- Determine opportunities to collect and synthesize CM feedback. Be a source of expertise for our product and engineering teams when designing new features to be used by CMs, and proactively advocate to these teams for critical improvements.
- Support the championing of scanner culture internally by serving as an internal advocate for CMs.
Project and Mission Management
- Ensure missions are designed, completed and measured on-time and on-spec on a consistent basis. Work closely with Mission Manager and Director, Customer Success to ensure high level of service and fulfillment.
- In this category of work, you will serve as a project manager providing accountability as needed.
Superstar candidates look like this...
- 6+ years of experience in an Communications, HR or Marketing role, with exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, and strong creative instincts
- Strong project management abilities and experience, with a track record of success working with executives and different teams to achieve results
- Love people and have a customer service mindset, with a passion for making our CM experience the best it can be
- Ability to manage people, and to provide specific direction and oversight of contractors
- Ability to make strategic decisions leveraging both quantitative and qualitative data, and to proactively execute on those decisions
- Bonus points if you have employee branding/culture experience
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent
We bring to the table
- Meaningful work on world class and industry changing products
- Amazing culture and coworkers in a flat organization
- Competitive pay and bonuses
- Equity in Arlington’s hottest consumer focused startup
- Unlimited Vacation
- Parking or public transportation subsidy
- 100% covered premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Discretionary education reimbursement for conferences and classes available from your first day
- Casual dress work environment
- Weekly catered lunches
The above responsibilities entail both direct management of our CM Management team and partnership with other teams (e.g. Product, Customer Success). In this role, you will work to reduce our reliance on freelancers for the implementation of community programs.