Senior Product Designer
We love making things at Basket, so our days are spent with our heads together, pondering the right things to make and how they should work. We huddle with engineers, product managers, and users, working closely together on projects from start to finish, and turn ideas into beautiful, simple, and lovable products. We have white-boarding jam sessions, prototype thoughtful stories, and create pixel-perfect designs that bring it all together. We design separately and together, teach and learn from one another, and push each other to be at our creative and analytical bests. We know we're never completely done. We ship, iterate, and learn from our users.
- You have a deep understanding of design processes and methods developed through experience and you balance fidelity with agility based on the task at hand.
- Your analytical thinking is rigorous and communication is precise, and it shows instantly.
- You're interested in exploring and experimenting without attachment.
- You can make decisions and rally various types of people around them.
- You can spend long stretches with your sleeves rolled up in execution mode, and your Sketch files show your ability to organize your designs precisely and in a way that’s optimized for communicating the right things with the engineering team.
- You have a knack for understanding people and how they like to do things, and can combine that with testing and data to make sound design decisions.
- You know when to involve others and escalate issues.
- Your portfolio shows your range of skills: UX, research, visual design, UI, storytelling, persona creation, and design process.
- Being technically fluent is very helpful (but not required) — especially if you're able to leverage that expertise to build prototypes that convey your creative vision.
- You like being engaged at all steps of the project from brainstorming to go live.
- You are capable of turning big data problems into simple usable designs
- 6+ years of application design experience
- 6+ years of visual design experience
- 6+ years of interaction design experience
WHAT YOU WILL DO
- We have two openings. One will own iOS and Android design features and projects from idea to launch and then through subsequent iteration with minimal guidance. One will own our data platform powered by 50 billion+ data points that our customers use to guide their business decisions.
- Work closely with Basket teammates from many disciplines (from product management to engineering to analytics) to define problem spaces, design solutions, and help drive design strategy.
- Develop ideas and concepts quickly and at low-fidelity, and collaboratively develop unexpected and stupendous designs that can be built.
- Create compelling screen designs using Sketch, prototype ideas in tools like InVision, and build beautiful transitions and animations in tools like Framer.
- Have freedom to own your ideas and designs while meeting product and company vision.
- Execute on visual and interaction designs that scales across devices and OSs’.
- Refine our processes and help define best practices for design at Basket.
WE BRING TO THE TABLE
- Meaningful work on world class and industry changing products
- Amazing culture and coworkers in a flat organization
- Competitive pay and bonuses
- Equity in Arlington’s hottest consumer focused startup
- Unlimited Vacation
- Parking or public transportation subsidy
- 100% covered premiums for Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, Short/Long Term Disability Insurance
- Discretionary education reimbursement for conferences and classes available from your first day
- Casual dress work environment
- Weekly catered lunches
Please include your portfolio/website, work samples, Dribbble, github, etc. in your application. Applicants who do not include these examples in their application will not be considered.